Quest For Gripstrength Starting With Gripper #3

Geralt

Thnx guys, trying to give it a place. Last few days I am watching everything he does and he is still so lively...so we'll just wait. I'd rather not know what he has.

Today gripwork. Have done three pretty solid sessions last weeks, so I don't want to push my luck. Not trying to completely max out on gripper attempts. Still did solid work.

Gripper timed holds with BBE, filed IM#3 and 25mm Ghp blockset reps with 149lbs #3;

Several attempts with 55lbs Blob, this thing is the devil truly;

One arm barbellcurls and some other direct bicep work.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been slacking with my log this week, done my work but there wasn't that much interesting to note over here.

Doing my work with squats, and other all around work. I wanted to get a little bit bigger, but having some trouble getting enough food in.

Gripwise it is ok, I am over my strengthpeak I had for a while I noticed, so I am switching up to grippervolume again with blocksets.

The 25kg Blob is a matter of time, I had three good sessions so far, working on it as secondary gripimplement.

Last gripperwork after warming up, deep set 3.5, Elite closes and couple of triples 20mm blockset with IM#3 (149lbs).

My 2HP is still under construction.

• Like 1

2hp bar is ready now (50 to 30mm) so soon more 2hp work again. Got a nasty cold this weekend and stayed sick at home today. Still feeling tired, oldest daughter also sick today. Probably better to do no training next few days. taking it easy.

I must say that I have been slacking a bit in my training with consistency, doing other stuff in daily life etc.

I am doing ok again but I have lost the will a bit to continue logging here while I just want to focus on my training. From here on I will only update the interesting stuff in my training. So it can be quiet for a few weeks, but that doesn't mean I am not training anymore.

Edited by Geralt

I must say that I have been slacking a bit in my training with consistency, doing other stuff in daily life etc.

I am doing ok again but I have lost the will a bit to continue logging here while I just want to focus on my training. From here on I will only update the interesting stuff in my training. So it can be quiet for a few weeks, but that doesn't mean I am not training anymore.

I hear you man, that's kinda what happened with me. We know you're still training hard :)

• Like 1

I hear you man, that's kinda what happened with me. We know you're still training hard :)

Thnx! I expect BIG PR's in the comp btw haha good luck!

Thnx! I expect BIG PR's in the comp btw haha good luck!

Haha I doubt it man, I was lucky to be able to hold on to my strength while I've been training bending lol. But I really appreciate the well wishes :D

• Like 1

From here on I will only update the interesting stuff in my training.

Well I just hope you're going to do interesting stuff on a regular basis then. :sorcerer:

• Like 1

IM#3 (149lbs) 4 x 3 20mm blocksets;

Vulcan level 15 CCS training;

Rackpulls with 1.9" thickbar, up to 172kg lift and hold, 180kg got air, but very short. There seems to be correlation between blobwork and thickbar for me.

Bicepcurls withz EZ bar up to 46kg.

• 2 weeks later...

Still busy brothers.

• Like 2

Strong close dude!

• Like 1

Strong Geralt!💪

• Like 1

A little late. But I wanna say i'm sorry for your loss of the dog. As a dog owner I know they are a important part of the family, just as a human! RIP

• Like 1

Hey brother thank you for the reply! Fortunatly he is still alive and kicking! He is sick, but doing well. We'll just have to enjoy the time we have left together. He's being spoiled in fact, I have to be honest lol

• Like 1

Hey brother thank you for the reply! Fortunatly he is still alive and kicking! He is sick, but doing well. We'll just have to enjoy the time we have left together. He's being spoiled in fact, I have to be honest lol

Sorry man I read wrong somehow..

I would also spoil him like crazy. I hope you have a good time now the time that is left. With lots of love

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun
  • Like 1

No probs, thank you for the best wishes. I am past the bad news now, I enjoy him as much as I can. Stickng my head in the sand basically.

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 1

I haven't seen you at DBB so I thought I would look you up here.

Sorry for your loss.

That CCS #3 is strong. I hope you nail it soon!

• Like 1

Thnx man, he is still alive but the diagnosis was clear. Just hoping for a bit more time together.

Doing a lot lately and keeping all online stuff up costs a lot of time, so cut that back a bit.

At this moment I am focusing on CCS training, negatives and normal training, focus on pressing movement because these lifts of my basically suck lol

Today got two sets of triples 190kg Trapbar DL which is a PR for me. Easy going, trying to put in work.

Geralt, so sorry to hear about your dog's health. You are doing what is best now. Enjoying him and pampering him. They are family.

Thankyou Ben, trying to deal with the situation as it is. Donan always put an arm around my shoulder when I was sad, and now we can return the favor heh he's doing good right now.

Joefrey, it is not a big goal of mine, I am letting all the specific MMS training go, in training I made the CCS a much to big mental hurdle. So I am concentrating on that now. Not making a big deal of that CCS, it's just a set. That is my approach right now. So it can be that all the wider set training isn't doing my MMS strength any good. I have no problem with that. Letting that go made my training fun again, all that struggling made me loose my motivation a bit, but now I'm back at it, only now more relaxed, taking it as it comes. And the results, I must say, are just as good ;-)

Today 2 x 200kg trapbar DL, first time squats in a while, went up to 130kg, now finaly lowbar at sweetspot.

Gripwise concentrating on grippers only, comcentrating on specific work, not going balls out, which makes - for now - two sessions per week possible with grippers.

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 3

Good to see you made a change in your mindset, that's the way to do it imo. The cert #3 is your goal so go for it!

I really hope that this year you will be the 3th Dutch grip atlete to certify the CoC#3!

• Like 2

Good to see you made a change in your mindset, that's the way to do it imo. The cert #3 is your goal so go for it!

I really hope that this year you will be the 3th Dutch grip atlete to certify the CoC#3!

Gotta like that Sig. No way I can squat what she's warming up with.

• Like 1

You're right Geralt : one thing at a time. I've never been able to focus on training MMS and CCS at the same time.

Can't wait to see your name on the COC list !! Keep up the hard work Meneer !