Comparing The Different Blob Types

Jedd Johnson

This is kind of a long video, but I went into pretty thorough detail about the differences between the different kinds of Blobs. I also compared the Blob Training devices that exist out there, such as the PDA Blobette and the Stronger Grip Blob Trainer.

• Like 6

GREAT video Jedd! :rock

Full of valuable information!

I was wondering if you've ever measured the differences with FatMan's and 2nd Gen Blobs with a flexible tape?

When I owned a Blob Clone I compared it to a Blob50 by measuring their circumference instead of trying to eyeball

the mic for the sides. BTW, they do make a micrometer that has extended calipers for measuring wider surfaces.

Thanks for sharing your immense knowledge of Blobs!!! :rock

I was wondering if you've ever measured the differences with FatMan's and 2nd Gen Blobs with a flexible tape?

When I owned a Blob Clone I compared it to a Blob50 by measuring their circumference instead of trying to eyeball

the mic for the sides. BTW, they do make a micrometer that has extended calipers for measuring wider surfaces.

I can get that measurement. But the calipers you mention were like $100. No way I am buying those.

Thanks again Jedd for the Video, it was just what I was looking for.
As I only have the Strongergrip Loadable Blob, I wanted to know how it compared in size to the Fatman Blob and the Next Generation Blob.

The Strongergrip looks very large to me (and is very hard to grip) - was very surprised to see that in fact the Strongergrip is smaller in size than the Fatman or Next Generation. The Strongergrip is just more rounded, without a real top edge.
I am now up to 25 lb. 1 rep. right hand and 20 lb. 1 rep. left hand.
The Fatman and Next Generation are real monsters.

Gary

• Like 1

I can get that measurement. But the calipers you mention were like $100. No way I am buying those.

No problem there! Just go to amazon.com and do a search on a brake drum resetting gauge and you'll find

plastic models for 20 bucks! When you see a picture it will be self explanatory. After getting the width with your

gauge you simply measure the distance between the 2 sides with your existing dial calipers and presto you have

an extremely accurate way to measure the widths on these Blobs. You may be surprised how much difference there

is with you eye-balling it versus getting an accurate measurement. ;)

If 20 bucks is too steep you can buy some extensions for your existing dial calipers for a few dollars from an engineering

supply store. They work well also! If something is worth measuring, it's worth measuring correctly IMO. :)

$20 is more like it!

$20 is more like it!

I have a pair I will send you Jedd. I need to PM you anyway about a picture for you.

You got mail!!! ;)