Mi Grip Championships 2013

Bob Lipinski

Just a preliminary discussion. My idea:

1. Grippers parallel set

2. thin pinch

3. Double overhand deadlift from blocks

4. Front hammer medley

5. 100 pound plate rim hold

We talked about Slim hammer for max at WSH, but I like having a medley to speed things up. A blob medley and max Slim lift would be my other choice. Any other ideas?

How does November 16 sound?

I like the events, without a thickbar it's like you made the contest for me. :grin:

Looks good Bob. Nov 16 is fine with me.

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on coming. I have a friend who is new to grip that will come with me as well.

What mm is the thin pinch going to be?

I might be able to get away from school/work for this. I'll keep you posted Bob. Other than that, I quite like all the events aside from that damned rim hold.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've got the final list-

1. Grippers

2. Blob Medley

3. DO deadlift from blocks

4. Slim lever

5. Rim hold

I'll get in touch with everyone and finalize rules and what not in the next few days.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response. No sumo, only because it is too easy to prop hands to thighs. I can raise the blocks for you ultra tall guys,

Thanks Bob.

Our daughter had her checkup today everything is good so I will be there along with my friend Chris.

Just wanted to say thank you to Don, Jerri and ALL of you for letting me crash the grip contest. My first but definitely not my last. Learned a ton and was really inspired. I will do a better job of checking the Grip Board more frequently and if any of you are down and around South wes MI let me know. I would certainly welcome a training session and opportunity to connect and learn more.

Thanks again!!

Steve Lewis

Big thank you to Bob, Don and Jerri for hosting a great contest.

Thanks for putting on the contest Bob, and a big thanks to Don and Jerri hosting.

It was a lot of fun to see everyone again as well as Andrew and his wife Katie and Steve who I had not met before. All super nice people and fun to be around.

My friend Chris enjoyed his first contest and is looking to train more and do another contest.

Edited by Strongmantobe

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Chris and I want to thank everyone I met at the contest for being cool with a newbie trying it out. It was a good time and I am definitely going to be training for more. It was good meeting all of you and thanks for the support and encouragement. Thanks Jeff for asking if I wanted to try it out and for all the stuff you have showed me about this sport. Thanks Bob for putting it on, and thanks Don and Jerri for hosting and for the food. I look forward to doing more.

Chris

• Like 1