Road To Crushing The Blob And Pinching The No.3

Anthony C.

Injuries suck, try some massage man. I have this address for a guy who gives sportmassages. He actually massaged some pains away which I thought were inflammated tendons or whatever. Just cramped up muscles in the shoulder. Keep it up!

Thanks for the advice, man. I have been thinking about going for a massage, just have been a little hesistant because theyre so expensive, and then you have to tip them on top of it lol.

I hear you. This guy I visit once every few months is 60 years old but has hands like vices. When he starts to attack my back it's all blue from the hematomas a day later haha I had this very irritating shoulderpain on top of my shoulderbone, which he just massaged away. I had instant relief. You just need to be lucky enough to find someone who isn't into petting but really works the muscles. On top of that, he only charges around 20 dollars (€ 15,-) for half an hour so that's a good deal! Hope you find someone, maybe some people on the GB here now someone that lives in your area? It's worth the money.

That price is incredible! Here in the states the last time I got a deep tissue massage it cost me 100 usd not including tip :( They really do rip you off. It was by some asian lady but she did have incredibly strong hands.

Today

Deadlifts 4x305, 8x275

Did some hyperextensions and light squats after that. I slept the wrong way and my neck was stiff and I just wasn't having it. The past few weeks I've struggle to really "click" with these workouts. Hoping next week brings better days.

Back biceps thick bar today

One arm dumbbell rows 8/7x110, 10/9x100 (no reset between reps), 6/4x80 fat gripz

Hammer Grip chins 12 12 12 9

Tbar row bar stuffed in corner 9x140, 9x140, 15x100 fat gripz

Close grip pull ups 8 10

Hyperextensions 20 20

Dumbbell Preacher Curls 10x30 7/8x30

Abs, Wrist Curls

Is the neck still bothering you? Also a very random question: I thought I read you were bodybuilding originally? Any shows under your belt?

Is the neck still bothering you? Also a very random question: I thought I read you were bodybuilding originally? Any shows under your belt?

Hey Matt, nice to meet you man. The neck has gotten a lot better but still a little stiff. It happens to me from time to time if I have a bad nightmare I'll toss and turn and wake up stiff like a pretzel and then it takes days to loosen. I haven't done any shows although I do train and diet like a bodybuilder. My lowest bodyfat was around 7%. In about a week or two I'll get up some pics after my little mini cut cycle is over but Im nothing compared to those dudes that step onstage!

Shoulder was bothering me today and I didn't feel like pushing the envelope, so instead I did legs and triceps:

Squats 9x295, 14x255

Stack Leg Press 10x350, 10x350, 10x350

Glute Ham Raises 5, 5, 2

Flat Bench Dumbbell extensions 10x35, 8x35, 6x35

Cable Pushdown 15x70, 10x80

Seated Overhead Dumbbell extension 10x60 12x65

Weighed 169.8 this morning, so down a total of 5.5 pounds for the recomp so far. It has basically been a pound a week. My highest squat before I started was 8x305, so haven't really tapered much strength off. One more week and then I'm looking forward to putting the car in drive again, after a week off of course :D

Edited by Anthony C.

Grip today

Ironmind Hub

Right: 1x41.25, 1x42.50, 4x38.75 All 3 PR's!

Left: 1x37.5, 1x37.5, 7x32.5 All 3 PR's also :)

Grippers
Right: 3xcoc2 CCS, 7x2 30mm set, 9x2 MMS

Left: 3xGHP 4 CCS, 6xGHP4 30mm set

Sledgehammer Levers Front and Rear 3 sets with 8lb hammer

2 sets wrist curls

Grippers have not been agreeing with me this past 5 weeks so I not only didn't start with them today, I didn't really do much at all with them. I may need a week or two away from my grippers :shutup: just to "find my groove" again with them. On the other hand, hub was great today. 2.5 pound PR for me. I would love to get to 50 on this lift. I know that's still a long way off, but with hard work I'll achieve it.

Decided to not go through with the last week of the body recomp. I've lost a good deal of fat already and I think my body is telling me that it needs a week off now, not a week from now. My shoulder has been acting up and my forearms have been sore. Time to take a week off and rest. I'm very satisfied with the results and will post up some pics in a few days. Will come back in one week with a fresh program and will be back to eating more calories! MM0 look out

• Like 1

Hardest thing to do for me when strength training and grip training is resting..i hate it but recently taking a few days off bending or strength training has resulted in PR's for me :grin: solid work outs man.

• Like 1

Hardest thing to do for me when strength training and grip training is resting..i hate it but recently taking a few days off bending or strength training has resulted in PR's for me :grin: solid work outs man.

Thanks man! Yes it's very hard, but is often the best for your training. During off Weeks I do all kinds of errands that I didn't have time to do before. For example...tomorrow i'm getting an oil change for my car lol. A nice break is always needed.

• Like 1

It took me 3 years to learn that skill. :alien:

Resting is important!!

• Like 1

It took me 3 years to learn that skill. :alien:

Resting is important!!

Remember, strength and muscle is built in the kitchen and in bed, not the gym :D

On a side note, I picked up my 2.5 out of nowhere yesterday and got 5 mms reps

• Like 1

Here's a front and back shot. Currently 170 and 5' 7'' I guess my next goal would be to get to 180 without adding too much to the old waisteroo

Edit: I have absolutely no idea why the pictures uploaded rotated like that

post-23333-0-15965700-1397599492_thumb.j

post-23333-0-42662800-1397599520_thumb.j

Edited by Anthony C.
  • Like 1

Looking good. I can see why you can do so many god damn reps on the chinrack! Back looking strong.

• Like 1

Thanks guys :) unfortunately at my height I'll probably never be "huge" or imposing, but I like to keep an athletic build. I've found that since I started grip training, all of my lifts have gone up handsomely. And yes I do love chins :D

Great job on the cut man, looking good!

Miring your back, aesthetics isn't my real goal in training, but i'm not gonna lie i really want a wide back lol

Oh and awesome job on the 2.5, that gripper is no joke!

Edited by dlewis8589

Great job on the cut man, looking good!

Miring your back, aesthetics isn't my real goal in training, but i'm not gonna lie i really want a wide back lol

Oh and awesome job on the 2.5, that gripper is no joke!

Thanks bro :). I think a common misconception around here is that strength and size don't go hand in hand. You can be very strong and not look like a fatass at the same time. If your lifts are going up and you're eating just enough calories to put on quality, not sloppy size, then you'll get there man.

The 3 will go down soon :D right now i'm very close to being able to ccs the 2.5 which i felt was unheard of when i first bought it months ago!

Today grip

First workout back in a week. Didn't really have time to log anything today, but i did a lot, a LOT of gripper sets. Got a little carried away. I also gave the vulcan a shot for the first time. Holy beans this thing is tough to set. I'm hoping it really helps my setting strength, which righ now is my weak link

Full body workout last night

Squats

8x275

8x275

8x275

Standing barbell military press

10x95

8x105

Tbar row

8x140

8x140

12x140

First two sets done with a thick handled, rotating handle vbar device

Dumbbell flat bench

8x80

8x80

6x80

Seated db hammer curl

8x35

8x35

7x35

Dips

Changed up my routine for a new stimulus. I am shot today. Supposed to workout again tomorrow but i may take an extra day to recover.

Full body workout

Deadlifts done on thick bar (not axle, but thicker than regular olympic bar)

8x255

8x275

5x295

Dumbbell incline press

8x75

8x75

8x75

Hammer grip pull ups

Standing dumbbell lateral raise

8x25

8x25

12x25

Dumbbell preacher curl

5x30

5x30

5x30

Seated overhead dumbbell extension

12x70

8x80

8x80

Abs

So. Sore. Now.

Grip today

Plate loaded grip machine set to 20 mm

Right: 1x111, 1x121, 1x126 1x126 1x136 1x136

Left: 1x111 1x121 1x126 1x126 1x126 1x126

Both hands at same time, set to 1.5"

10x126 12x136

Plate curl

Right: 3x25 3x25 14x20

Left: 1/2 repx25, 11x20 11x20

Ttk

Right: 14x10 15x10 8x10 25x7.5 15x7.5(very wide spread last set)

Left: 10x10 9x10 7x10 25x7.5 15x7.5 wide

Sledge levers 3 sets front/rear high reps

Wrist curls/reverse wrist curls 2 sets high reps

Great workout. Pretty much pr's across the board today. My hands felt healthier using the grip machine instead of grippers today. Maybe i just needed a little break from those pesky spring bastards :)

Ha yea those torsion springs are

Addicting!! Good job bro;)

Ha yea those torsion springs are

Addicting!! Good job bro;)

Lol they sure are man! That car in your avatar, is that from fast and the furious 1?

Ha yea those torsion springs areAddicting!! Good job bro;)

Lol they sure are man! That car in your avatar, is that from fast and the furious 1?
Yes sir ! Have you seen brick mansions

Ha yea those torsion springs areAddicting!! Good job bro;)

Yes sir ! Have you seen brick mansions

Noo not yet, but I will soon man

Its a very bad ass PW movie!

• Like 1

Full body today

Sumo squats

15x185

15x205

15x225 had plenty left. Had to force myself to rack

One arm db rows

8x85

8x85