Please Vote!

Mike Sharkey

Guys, please take a moment out of your busy day to vote when videos come up for feat judging. I just don't understand, the current 3 feats up to be judged have over 300 views between them, but barely over 30 votes. 10% response rate. Worse than the American political system.

Is this an issue with visibility, or with apathy?

The moderators took the time to hear the concerns of the community and instituted what should be a very effective system of self governance. If you don't take a moment to vote you are basically saying that someone else's clear hard work isn't important to you.

• Like 6

I think they sometimes get lost in the mix. It would be nice if they were on the front page of the site I think or maybe some kind of notice tell the users here to vote.

I don't think it's people being apathetic.

• Like 1

I think many of those views are just clicks from google searches and those rechecking threads. I'm sure the voting rate is alot higher than 10%. Probably closer to 30%

All that is needed is 20 pass votes, Im not just speaking for mine, how long did it take for Juhas double hub clean and press to get votes, thats ridiculous, a monstrous lift gets almost no recognition, today a Man bent a red in one imp(something EJ himself stated has eluded him, wtf?), almost nothing in regards to activity, but the drama with Mr. Savage...... over 1000 views. Kinda odd, no? Just sayin we are here to lift and achieve new heights. A little support would be friggin awesome, I mean that.

Edited by Jose Cabrera

I think many of those views are just clicks from google searches and those rechecking threads. I'm sure the voting rate is alot higher than 10%. Probably closer to 30%

Still very low percentage David. It's not like we're asking people to watch a 10 minute bending video complete with wrapping documentation. These are all around a minute.

Regardless of the time it takes or busy at work whatever BS, I am a firm beleiver that this isnt just some random forum, ppl here work hard, not for money or something trivial, but to prove that they can do it. It takes 30 seconds, no reason for there to be 75 ppl online but Juhas almost impossible achievement to get barely 20 votes when we all know it should get 100 in 2 days MINIMUM!

• Like 1

Not only are the new posts up on the right with a big green POLL but there is a dedicated forum PLUS if you hit new content you will see the feats judging polls. I don't know how much more front and center it can get.

• Like 2

Not only are the new posts up on the right with a big green POLL but there is a dedicated forum PLUS if you hit new content you will see the feats judging polls. I don't know how much more front and center it can get.

It's pretty front and center Bill. Honestly, when the board instituted this I thought there would be overwhelming participation. Personally, I take the role of judging someone's feat quite seriously. Perhaps a carryover from my days on Steelbender's. EJ and Wiggy and others set such a high standard for judging. I think it's an honor and a responsibility to be clear and fair.

Edited by Mike Sharkey

Jose- Drama is something people understand and are drawn to. To be able to throw your 2¢ into a heated argument and prove s point, makes some people very happy. Huge lifts and bends most people can't appreciate let alone understand. It's past the realm of understanding. Most guys will never understand how hard something is until they try it. I believe this is why some threads get more traffic than others.

Sharkey- I've been judging for years and sometimes it racks my brain. I can watch a video literally 20x before I make s pass/fail decision. It's something I take very seriously. The new video up with the 2 20kg plate clean and press I watched a few times. I watched the last 5 seconds 5 times because the plates didn't look controlled on the way down. I passed it because it took me that long to make a decision. I vote on 90% of all feats put up, sometimes I'm just not in the right frame of mind, and when I am the voting has been completed.

• Like 3

Usually the voting has closed before I see the post. I don't read as many threads as I used to.

1. Chalk only

2.Lift must be locked out with back erect.

3. Lift must be followed down

4. for loadable devices and plates 5 pound jumps plate weight only.

for the hub lifts they only have to be followed down not controlled. I'm supposed to be putting the rules at the front of each vote and keep forgetting. but, this has been an issue as well, people voting without reviewing the rules. please glance over the particulars before voting. and, I will make an effort to put the rules with each vid.

• Like 1

Often the most difficult part of the lift can be controlled lowering.

This rule should apply also INCH lift and etc lifts. Some people think that even blob50 can be dropped down after locked lift. it hurts my eyes to watch if someone drops blob or inch before it touched floor.

• Like 1

For example double blob50 clean and press feat´s one of hardest moment is to control those down to floor.

all the lifts should have rules for following lift down. control is a grey area but, dropping is a fail.

a good bit of this is my fault. when I combine the lists I didn't make sure that the rules ended up at the top. at one point there were no rules for block weights. i think I've fixed it all. If anyone sees something that's missing, unclear, or just doesn't make sense, please contact me or another mod so we can fix it.

This rule should apply also INCH lift and etc lifts. Some people think that even blob50 can be dropped down after locked lift. it hurts my eyes to watch if someone drops blob or inch before it touched floor.

all the lifts should have rules for following lift down. control is a grey area but, dropping is a fail.

a good bit of this is my fault. when I combine the lists I didn't make sure that the rules ended up at the top. at one point there were no rules for block weights. i think I've fixed it all. If anyone sees something that's missing, unclear, or just doesn't make sense, please contact me or another mod so we can fix it.

Nothing is your fault Brent. Hard to explain with my english language but I meant for example this rule under:

5. Inch Dumbbell does NOT have to be controlled to the floor.

Only my opinion is that all lifts should be lower down with control. It´s only opinion. :)

that is a very fine line. with the inch lift that wording allows a fast set down. like would be allowed in a competition deadlift. dropping would not be allowed but it doesn't have to be set down gently.