Grip Rush Training - 60 Seconds A M R A P

Jedd Johnson

Here are several rounds of Grip Rushes. All they are, are 60-second bouts of trying to get as many reps as possible, either to lockout or to a platform.

Here are three examples Luke and I did yesterday. Amazingly, with all this volume, I am feeling no residual pain. I have been doing these for a few weeks, and you can bet I will be doing more of them.

Plate Pinch to Lockout

Block Weights to Platform

• Like 1

Did You do all those rushes in one training session?

• Like 1

Yes. This is all the same day, done inside, I would guess, a 30 minute window? I betthe clock shows in the background of the 2-45's video. That took place first, then Blobs, then Inch.

Yep, looks to be roughly 35 minute window. Before this, we did Silver Bullet and Block Set Gripper Work and afterwards, it was Pickaxe.

Yes. This is all the same day, done inside, I would guess, a 30 minute window? I betthe clock shows in the background of the 2-45's video. That took place first, then Blobs, then Inch.

Yep, looks to be roughly 35 minute window. Before this, we did Silver Bullet and Block Set Gripper Work and afterwards, it was Pickaxe.

Wow, that's some extreme volume on heavy and completley different objects! Do You do this often/on a regular basis or only from time to time?

Dude, it's always changing, honestly. I do what is working my man. I have stuff I do a certain way for all lifts. Literally, I share ALL of my specialized Grip Training info at TheGripAuthority.com. It's hacked right now, unfortunately, but it's being fixed. I'd love to have you aboard on the site.

Thanks for the info, Jedd! I'll look it up if the problem is fixed!

My web guy is working on it this week. Thanks dude.

The Grip Rushes continue to be an exhilarating way to train. My hands are feeling stronger every workout. I even saw good improvement in the Silver Bullet this week, matching my timed hold with a heavier gripper than I used last week. This week, we added another round to the overall volume and actually finished in about 5 minutes shorter time. Work capacity is through the roof and picking an Inch Dumbbell up right now is getting to be much easier all the time.

Plate Pinching to Lockout

Blob to platform (roughly 16 inches or)

Here's the new one we added in. Inverted Dumbbell Claw Lift to Platform. I had a 50. Luke had 40. A version of Block Weight Lifting, it hits the hands in a slightly different way.

Inch Dumbbell: We had already done Inch work of other sorts, plus the Euro, so this one was much tougher this week, please with the additional Grip Rush volume, packed into a shorter time, my hands were kind of toast, but what an awesome workout.

I didn't have access to a Blob at the time the Gripmonster's ran the challenges. So I like that Jedd is bringing back the 1 min. timed sets. I set my platform at 18 In. and videos are 45 blob and inverted 40 hex dumbbell. I hope to do 2x35's soon.

Grip Rush:

Thanks for watching. C'mon!

I predict PR's for you very soon using this method bro. Nice work.

Bro, you are essentially doing time under tension. Try this with your regular weight workouts as well.