Race To Mm1

GrassMaine89

Good job on your pr chops. I've always wondered if anyone rated the actual MM grippers? Or what about do the rate?

I'd like to know mm1,2 and 3

Still haven't touched a gripper since my MM0. Well I lied, I picked two up to mail out, lol.

• Like 3

does everyone agree that it is about 153# or so

I would be pretty shocked if it was noticeably harder. Set is like butter.

does everyone agree that it is about 153# or so

I would be pretty shocked if it was noticeably harder. Set is like butter.

butter for you lol.

What do you guess the mm1 2 and 3 rate

butter for you lol. What do you guess the mm1 2 and 3 rate

MM1 = around 153 with an easy set

MM2 = around 163, 164. something like that. Feels very close to an average Elite

MM3 = this is the one that separates the elite crush guys. Its probably around 180. The set isn't bad but it ramps up and gets real difficult around the last 1/4" of the close. obviously all grippers ramp up but this one felt like it does more than usual. Around 1/4" you hit a wall and have to blast through it.

butter for you lol. What do you guess the mm1 2 and 3 rate

MM1 = around 153 with an easy set

MM2 = around 163, 164. something like that. Feels very close to an average Elite

MM3 = this is the one that separates the elite crush guys. Its probably around 180. The set isn't bad but it ramps up and gets real difficult around the last 1/4" of the close. obviously all grippers ramp up but this one felt like it does more than usual. Around 1/4" you hit a wall and have to blast through it.

That's pretty close to what I would guess although I would estimate the MM3 a little higher between 182 and 184 from what I remember. Hard to know for sure due to that bind at the end that gives most tough guys fits.

- Aaron

That's pretty close to what I would guess although I would estimate the MM3 a little higher between 182 and 184 from what I remember. Hard to know for sure due to that bind at the end that gives most tough guys fits. - Aaron

I agree. I use to say 180-183 for the MM3 but I'm not sure if its the bind making me think higher. I remember closing my 180 #3.5 barely before I barely closed the MM3 during my cert. They have a different feel though so it is hard to go off that.

New PR of 147 a couple days ago. Haven't been able to duplicate it yet.

Looking forward to MM1, does everyone agree that it is about 153# or so?

Great work, Todd!!! That is about average #3 range now. My guess is the MM1 is low-150lb range. 153lbs sounds like a good guess. You're really climbing fast on the grippers.

Yeah. Fearing the eventual wall. At some point my overall body strength will hold me back. I don't lift at all. That will hurt me.

New PR of 147 a couple days ago. Haven't been able to duplicate it yet.

Looking forward to MM1, does everyone agree that it is about 153# or so?

Congrats Chops! You are climbing really fast.

Yeah. Fearing the eventual wall. At some point my overall body strength will hold me back. I don't lift at all. That will hurt me.

Why not? Buy yourselfe some Kettlebells if you don't have the time to go to the gym or no place for a Powerrack.

I want in on this, right now by best close is 148 on a good day, a really good day.

NICE!

Manna, you think it's a six month goal? How fast have you put on gripper strength.

I'm hoping that I could shoot for it before summer. I'd like to MM1 before I have been doing grippers for 1 full year.

Why not? Buy yourselfe some Kettlebells if you don't have the time to go to the gym or no place for a Powerrack.

All the regular excuses!! Ha!

Your right tho. I should suck it up and start again. That's the hardest part for me sometimes.

Its a good 6 month goal if you're already closing high 140 grippers. I think its very possible. I gain gripper strength slow, but I really dont train grippers..I just make random attempts at them. Im going to start over crushing my easier #3 and adding some negatives.

Trained grippers tonight. Made several attempts at my 151 rated #3, came pretty close. Forced closed and held my 152 ghp7 a few times as well as a couple negatives with my unrated 3.5.

Heres my best attempt at my 151, although I think the set was pretty deep.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I had a knuckle injury and stayed away from the boards to avoid temptation (when I read about other people gripping or bending I can't resist doing it myself).

As an update I have closed my LT CoC #3 150 lbs for numerous singles. I have failed my GHP #7 152 lbs but by narrow margins.

I read through this form and noticed how close a lot of guys are, I want to keep it alive. Do we have any status updates?

I know EJ closed it, congrats. Chops how are you doing with it? I noticed awhile back you were making some awesome gains. Anybody else have any status updates?

• Like 1

I am aiming for MM1 by fall.

• Like 1

I am aiming for MM1 by fall.

Nice, I just watched you block setting your GM 140 lbs. Looked super strong, where are you with a MMS?

Thanks. I'd say about 160 if I ate my wheaties.

• Like 1

The mm1 is about 155-156 so if you are there cert it now. You got it.

• Like 2

The mm1 is about 155-156 so if you are there cert it now. You got it.

Eat those wheaties and crush that thing

• Like 1

This is my best close to date, GHP 7 152 lbs...is the set too narrow? I'm still a rookie at MMS, it looked a little shallow to me. Thank for looking and any advice.

I'm gonna say that's too narrow. When I doubt go wider.

• Like 1