Hanging Plate Loaded Pinch

truth1ness

I see the titan's telegraph key mentioned a lot because it's a good way to train dynamic pinch. However, I saw the pic below of a way to train the thumb dynamically by hanging a weight from it and pinching up (I suppose you could go the other direction, put the thumb on the seat and drive into it to pull the rest of the hand up). Does anyone use this simple plate hanging method? Do you think I'd get much more benefit from the TTK if I'm doing this already?

entrenamiento+pinza+con+monodedo+01.jpg

• Like 1

I started fabricating a device a few months ago to take the rest of the hand out of the thumb training, and hang the weight off the thumb. It's not finished yet. I feel like my TTK-like homemade device allows the fingers to flex just as much as the thumb. So I think there's value in this idea, just haven't worked all the details out for isolating the thumb. Some might say, it may not be necessary to isolate it.

I like it - so much of what we do in pinching is isometric - any dynamic pinch stuff will help with hand health and will develop strength over a wider ROM.

One idea I haven't tried yet but that might isolate the thumb more is to push it against the seat like I described in the alternative way but wrap the weight Over the thumb. That way the fingers are taken out of the lift even more.

I actually found the thumb pushing into the seat feels better than the weights hanging. Something about pushing into a solid object feels like it gives more stability for the thumb to push with full force, though it may be that the fingers are doing some of the work.