Justin Matney

Cannon

you got this...crush it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The gripper just arrived. I will make my attempts this evening after I take the wife out for our anniversary.

• Like 1

I didn't get a usable take. Closed it on the 1st attempt but the set was out of frame. Set was in frame on 2nd attempt but the close was shaky and blurry. 3rd attempt it just flat wasn't closed. Shitty camera work and miscommunication all around.

I'll box it up and get it out to you first thing Monday Matt, as the post office is closed now.

I didn't get a usable take. Closed it on the 1st attempt but the set was out of frame. Set was in frame on 2nd attempt but the close was shaky and blurry. 3rd attempt it just flat wasn't closed. Shitty camera work and miscommunication all around.

I'll box it up and get it out to you first thing Monday Matt, as the post office is closed now.

You still submitted the attempt to bill though right?

No. I never got an attempt where the set and close were in frame at the same time.

at least you closed it...the nostalgia and myth is gone...just a matter of filming it now

• Like 2

True.

I've decided to get a tripod and film it myself. Beyond that, I'm going to film myself every time I train, just to get the angles down and also to get used to being on camera. For whatever reason being on camera makes me nervous as hell.

Frustrating for sure, but it was definitely a learning experience.

• Like 5

sorry to hear that brother, especially since you closed it. I also find sometimes it's harder to get the close on camera if someone else is filming me that is not into grip sport. My friend she had her own ideas of what is good filming for it and the video wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Of course I didn't tell her that :P I didn't wanna sound rude

• Like 3

Thanks Evan.

I'm going to get a tripod and really practice closing grippers with the camera in mind. Every set. When I train now, my body is positioned for maximum strength, but not necessarily good camera angles. I need to find a happy medium if I want to climb the cert ladder.

When the video first started my gut instinct was to tell my wife to back up, you're way too close, but I was so nervous that I didn't say it. She was so damn close to me when I was setting the gripper that I could barely get into position. I regret not saying anything now.

The gripper is on its way back. I will try again sometime soon.

Thanks Evan.

I'm going to get a tripod and really practice closing grippers with the camera in mind. Every set. When I train now, my body is positioned for maximum strength, but not necessarily good camera angles. I need to find a happy medium if I want to climb the cert ladder.

When the video first started my gut instinct was to tell my wife to back up, you're way too close, but I was so nervous that I didn't say it. She was so damn close to me when I was setting the gripper that I could barely get into position. I regret not saying anything now.

it happens brother, it's ok you 'll get a better video next time. Good learning experience for next time and MM2 and beyond as well!