Diesel/ T. G. A. Holdfast Gauntlet

Jedd Johnson

Excited to see the results!

Sneak peak...freakin' great time.

Jedd, Eric, Mike.

(I got 4th. Afterwards I managed the Glob, missed 6dimes, blobzilla and Monstrosoblob...will do a write up when I get back home. Going applepicking today with family...man I'm sore.) :)

• Like 4

Excited to see the results!

Sneak peak...freakin' great time.

Jedd, Eric, Mike.

(I got 4th. Afterwards I managed the Glob, missed 6dimes, blobzilla and Monstrosoblob...will do a write up when I get back home. Going applepicking today with family...man I'm sore.) :)

Those will be some of the hardest apples for you ever to pick. :grin:

• Like 1

Nice work Nate! Looked like some fierce competition brother! !

• Like 1

Great comp yesterday. Nate is working to move up the charts on all lists!!!

Write-up this week. I am destroyed. Stayed up until 11PM with a bunch of my guys and gals from TheGripAuthority.com and then a guy came over and we cut down a bunch of trees in the yard.

Stay tuned.

• Like 1

By the way, the Sledge Hammer Choke is one of the BEST events in Grip Sport right now, if you ask me.

It is right there with the Wrist Roller and Medleys on short-burst intensity. It gets the crowd involved. The equipment is beyond easy to make and it fits all hand sizes.

More info to come.

Jedd

• Like 7

can't wait to see the pics, vids and writeups! Great job top 3 and all competitors! And way to pick the Glob Nate. That thing is no joke!

• Like 3

Someone left a really sweet long-sleeve shirt here at the comp. It is a grey color and has a chest and arm pocket, kind of like a North Face style of shirt. Made by Koppen. It has the two dots over the O, so I thought it might have been Karl's or his brother's, but he confirmed it is not. Let me know who left it and I will send it to you.

I saw the 21"sledgehammer-choke lift Jedd!

Mutant wrist strength sir... I've got work to do!!

I saw the 21"sledgehammer-choke lift Jedd!

Mutant wrist strength sir... I've got work to do!!

• Like 1

Just another awesome time at Jedder's. The contest went smoother than any I have ever attended. I think we had about 16 competitors and we flew through all 5 events in about 5:30. Everyone had a great time and did amazingly well.

Not sure how everyone did according to weight class, but it was a truly international overall top 5, with two of us being 45 or older (me & Karl - 53). Jedd will have to give the full order, but the first 5 were Jedd (PA), Eric (Canada), Me (MD), Nate (NY), and Karl (Norway).

Even though I haven't done much of any serious grip training in the last two years, I really surprised myself. Maybe that's the way to go for me. I closed the hardest gripper I've ever closed in competition and did better than I expected in all the other events. My stats were:

169 # gripper with 20mm block set

184 something on 2HP

17" on 12lb sledge

17/19 in the medley

400 pounds for 2.34 seconds in the fat grips, trap bar deadlift.

• Like 5

I came to help out, load, and judge. It was a well run contest and it was nice to see old friends and meet new people. I had the biggest beard, but there was someone in close second.

I was honored and humbled by Jedd to receive the Grip Pioneer Award for jump starting grip on the East Coast. This contest was 10 years almost to the date of when I hosted BFGS and kick started the grip contests. Thanks a ton for that Jedd, it was an honor that I will never forget!

It was a good time. Grip has become more then I ever thought it would back in 2003, but I have to admit I miss the party atmosphere as I don't like to take it as serious as some. Sometimes I wish we could just all get together, motivate one another, and then have a good time afterwards doing cool feats and eating and drinking. It is supposed to be FUN people, so don't get too wrapped up in what someone else is doing and just have a good time. Jedd did a great job making this contest much more laid back and people were actually social.

Best moment for me, besides the award, was watching my 3 year old son chest a small atlas stone Jedd had in his driveway and hearing him say, "You Missed!" to a competitor after he missed a 2 hand pinch attempt. It was dead quiet and my son was on my lap helping me judge. The guy was down and out after missing and my son pointed at him and said, "You Missed!" The whole gym erupted in laughter. Great times. He vowed to follow my son around for the next 20 years, watching and waiting for him to miss a lift so he can get his revenge! LOL!

• Like 7

And afterwards Rick and his beautiful wife Cheri treated us to a great weekend of fun camping, shooting, and blowing stuff up. Thanks buddy!

• Like 2

And afterwards Rick and his beautiful wife Cheri treated us to a great weekend of fun camping, shooting, and blowing stuff up. Thanks buddy!

Since the birth of my twin sons, I have been a recluse. I have cut my circle of friends down to a very small amount and I avoid things like contests and the "limelight" as my energy is focused on the important things in life. Winning that award was a shock as I keep to myself and try to just lay low. Mike and Jedd are 2 guys that I consider my blood, and it was my pleasure to show you guys around the old homestead and have you see where I grew up and where my roots are. Plus, blowing stuff up is ALWAYS awesome with good company around!!! You guys are welcomed anytime you need a relief from the concrete jungle and the communist nation of Maryland!!!

Anybody who knows Mike knows he is a straight up good dude and calls it like he sees it. For my 79 year old dad to like him says a lot to me. He doesn't care for anyone...he thought you guys were "good people".

• Like 3

For any interested in any future Diesel event...I gotta say that the area is beautiful. Here's a few of pics my daughter took with her phone.

g4oq.jpg

6xkb.jpg
9siw.jpg
  • Like 3

Rick,

Any chance you could get a picture of your plaque up close and send it to me please?

Like a complete doucher, I forgot to do so.

Thanks man.

Jedd

Rick,

Any chance you could get a picture of your plaque up close and send it to me please?

Like a complete doucher, I forgot to do so.

Thanks man.

Jedd

As soon as I get a chance I will try to get a close up pic. Not sure how it will turn out, my camera doesn't like to take photos without a flash, but I will try.

Yeah, mine doesn't either brother. LOL

What were some of the #'s on the hammer DL? Looked like a good time guys!

Been really busy since the comp. I am sorry I haven't posted numbers.

Most of the top 5 got 17"-18". Jedd just missed 21" when the quarter slipped off.

Thanks Mike! That's where I am at. 17" to 18". One of the huge strongmen I train with did 22" on it today!