Silver Bullet

PeterSweden

Anyone seen any benefits of training with a silver bullet other than getting strong at holding the bullet?

Will it help me close heavier grippers?

I trained sb holds with #4 and #3.5 + 20kg extraweight hanging at bullet. After Vano said that sb holds are for weak I tried his methods (#3.5 ovetcrushed 17sec handles together). Both ways are good for gripper working.

I've seen very little carryover each way, myself. I believe in specificity.

• Like 2

The hard part of the close is never reached using the SB so I would imagine it would have limited carry over - but the only way to truly know is to try it.

• Like 1

One word, specificity. If you want to get better at gripper closes, focus on the final part of the gripper.

• Like 2

It's helped me, I do light sessions and vary my set distances before placing the SB. The 20mm distance is the crucial transition after the CCS, where the pinkie wraps fully and the hand prepares to finish the close. Isos in this position after setting with the card has enhanced my strength to the level of an average 3.