Thick Rolling Handles

vickg

Just wondering what's everyone's opinion on the following.

Just wondering which one you guys recommend and what are the differences between them

Wrist wrench

Fbbc crusher

Gulley grip

Sorinex rolling handle

Robert baraban handle

Thanks in advance guys.

Thanks

If you're looking to prep for grip sport competitions, FBBC seems to be the handle most comps are leaning towards lately.

They are all the same except the wrist wrench.

If you're looking to prep for grip sport competitions, FBBC seems to be the handle most comps are leaning towards lately.

what diameter? it is important. the thicker the better. hard on the shoulders, if you do it old style. ya know? arms straight out. low reps, and pile the weight on heavy.

Looking for something 2.5' in diameter

how much do they go for? dollars?

I would go with a wrist wrench and an Fbbc crusher, they compliment each other nicely.

I have a rolling thunder and sorinex handle also. The RT is great but has more chances of the spin slowing down over time. The sorinex handle is also great but hardly spins and is 2'', which doesn't seem to be what you're looking for.

• Like 2

The Wrist Wrench produces more "spin" than any other product I've ever tested. Fantastic tool.

• Like 1

I would go with a wrist wrench and an Fbbc crusher, they compliment each other nicely.

I have a rolling thunder and sorinex handle also. The RT is great but has more chances of the spin slowing down over time. The sorinex handle is also great but hardly spins and is 2'', which doesn't seem to be what you're looking for.

Anthony, well-stated re: the complimentary nature of the Crusher and Wrist Wrench.

The FBBC Crusher maintains its spin over time and is probably literally bulletproof. When you feel the Crusher's weight in your hand, you'll know you got your money's worth and much, much more. I think my 2.5" Crusher weighs nearly nine pounds without the loading pin! It is pretty close pound-for-pound to the Inch if you are looking for a proxy to see how close you are. Of course the ROM is different, so if you aren't used to reaching down to a dumbbell, your results may be different.

The Wrist Wrench rotates harder per pound added than anything I've tried. It didn't help me much w/ the Inch, simply because I'd developed that strength w/ other Inch work and have added very little to my WW max. The only problem with the WW is that you need to be careful on it if you are new to the rotation. While very effective, it is a double-edged sword, as I've seen a couple guys unable to lift on it again for several weeks due to the intensity of the spin and resulting soreness/tendon pain.

If you can lift over 170 on the FBBC Crusher and 100+ on the Wrist Wrench, I'd be pretty surprised if you couldn't lift the Inch as long as you were focusing on breaking the Inch off the ground slowly enough.

• Like 9

from your list I have the RB 60mm, crusher and wrist wrench. The crusher is my favorite.

Thinking about getting wrist wrench but not to sure it's my first handle and I would be a novice. I've done different forms of grip work and I also work in manual labor part time so maybe I could handle it.

You can drive yourself crazy worrying about which one to get - pick one and train hard - it will be fine.

• Like 4

You can drive yourself crazy worrying about which one to get - pick one and train hard - it will be fine.

Thats right, but it is nice to compare your lifts with other members. Most have either a Rolling Thunder or a Crusher.

The LGC handle is, imo, the highest quality thickbar tool made thus far. It is harder to lift, I believe, than the FBBC Crusher (as stated by Eric Milfeld who owns both). I tried it back to back with a baby Inch (54k) loaded to the same weight. Back then I could barely pull that weight with the LGC handle but held the baby inch for 20 seconds or thereabouts.

The LGC handle is vicious indeed! At the comp last summer I got 67 kg on the handle and I managed to break the Inch dumbell from the floor.

FBBC crusher, i had a crusher, sold it and regret it. Rolling thunder sucks, damn thing will gunk yp eventually and isnt used for records by the IGC. Lgc is pretty expensive but has great reviews. Wrist wrenches are cool but vicious on your tendons.

I use a piece of 3" pipe around the handle of a 5 gallon bucket, does that count? :)