• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• CoC#3

• twig

• Paul Knight

Would you know I just took a parcel over the road to my gym and what was playing... must be fate!!

please don't play that during the close :laugh

I'll be there around half 10 Steve - was hoping to get there earlier but have work tonight. :cool

We are doing this on the 20th (tuesday) instead. This is because maintenance work is being done on the rail line tomorrow and i wouldn't be able to get to Steve's, do the cert, and back for work in time.

We are doing this on the 20th (tuesday) instead. This is because maintenance work is being done on the rail line tomorrow and i wouldn't be able to get to Steve's, do the cert, and back for work in time.

How did the cert go?

Cert attempts video sent.

uhhhh - thats all you're gonna say?

Sure. Let's put it this way :D = me :( = Sam

Great work Steve! - you'll go all the way. Sam, I'm sure you were very close - you'll hammer it on your next go ..... positive!

I didn't close it. That's all i'm gonna say! About 1/8'' or so off, maybe a hair more. No point wasting time judging my attempts. I was having a very strong gripper day - strongest i have ever been with either hand - so it's not like i was off or anything - at the end of the day i just need to TRAIN HARDER and GET STRONGER!! I will cert on this eventually. With reference to the eye of the tiger comments in this thread and this morning, even Rocky didn't beat Apollo Creed first time round.

With reference to the eye of the tiger comments in this thread and this morning, even Rocky didn't beat Apollo Creed first time round.

Very true :rock

at the end of the day i just need to TRAIN HARDER and GET STRONGER!! I will cert on this eventually. With reference to the eye of the tiger comments in this thread and this morning, even Rocky didn't beat Apollo Creed first time round.
It's that force of will that has motivated me, so far. You're, what? HALF the age of your peers? My vote Salomi for the MM9!
You'll get there big guy.

BIG guy? He don't know you vewwy well, do he?

Congratulations Steve! Just a formality for you I'm sure.

Sam, I like your attitude. You'll get it next time.

It'll annoy him now. He'll be more determined than before to get this done. We both trained legs before hand to get the old juices moving as well.

I am around 5'8'' and weigh about 268-270. Arms are 19'' chest is about 54''. So yeah 'big' but still a short arse.

Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragament - i'm going to try to cert on this one again when i think i am strong enough. Back to the drawing board for now then good old fashioned blood sweat and tears will get it done. Steve is right, failing to cert yesterday won't demotivate me, it'll just make me train harder.

I'll mail the gripper back in the morning.

Sam

Nice work Steve, but no surprise! :rock

Sam, certainly you'll only get stronger because of this minor disappointment. :rock