Grippers Of Madness

John McCarter

Wanted to change things up just a little with tonight's workout and used some of my Kettlebells.

1/16/13 Workout) (All lifts are considered lifted unless noted.)

1) 1 Arm Kettlebell Swing: 1x50 (100 total each side) (16 K.G.).

2) Pistol Squats: 3x3 (16 K.G.).

3) Kettlebell Military Press: 3x2 (31 K.G.).

4) Dumbbell Curl: 3x3 (Weight at 53.2 lbs) (PDA Rocky Handle used).

5) Bent Press: 3x5 (Weight at 43 lbs).

6) Standing Back Bends: 3x5.

Here is something I wrote on my Facebook page yesterday, didn't really have time to update my log since I was spending time with my girl.

"Been doing KTA for a week, yesterday was finally a rest day. Tested myself out on a few grippers today...for the right hand I mashed my MM3 Replica with no problem (VICTORY IS MINE!!!), FBBC Hard (176.4 lbs), and just missed my 180 lb #3.5...for the left hand, I came to almost mashing my MM1 Replica (1mm denied my action...YOU SHALL DIE, THIS I SWEAR!!!), then I gave two different #3's a go (the first is a double filed (rated at 157.3 lbs) and the second is the very first #3 I bought), the rated #3 was brought down to the normal close position, and the normal #3 (second hardest #3 I own and feels really close in feel to the actual MM1 gripper) and closed it with no problem....If I keep this training up, I think the MM3 and MM1 Off-Hand Certifications may happen."

• Like 1

"may happen..."

Of course they will! Just keep working hard dude, you'll get it!

• Like 1

"may happen..."

Of course they will! Just keep working hard dude, you'll get it!

Thanks man, actually, the one gripper I think I may close by the end of KTA is the gripper I'm using for the negatives. I just like to say I've been cheating it down, but even if I do "cheat close" this gripper (GHP Level 9 Hand Gripper), watch out MM grippers I'll be coming for you. I was able to cheat the gripper down to 24-25mm yesterday.

Caught the flu and taking time off from all training (hopefully this crap doesn't last long and I heal up quickly).

Caught the flu and taking time off from all training (hopefully this crap doesn't last long and I heal up quickly).

Join the cl...oh no. haha Get well bro. God, all in all, I had that CRAP flu/cold/tummybug on and off for over a month. Result this morning: 7 lbs weightloss in total and no energy for training. Just when you got started with KTA.

• Like 1

Join the cl...oh no. haha Get well bro. God, all in all, I had that CRAP flu/cold/tummybug on and off for over a month. Result this morning: 7 lbs weightloss in total and no energy for training. Just when you got started with KTA.

Lol, thanks man; I'll probable have to start right from the very start again with KTA.

Been sick with the flu and had to cut off all training, that has past now, going to ease back into my training soon.

• 2 weeks later...

With all the personal things going on in my life, really had little time for any workouts; only been able to perform KTA. I'm going to take some time off from really everything in the grip world (I'm not leaving or giving up grip, that will not change, I just wanna take some personal time for myself, I will check this site every so often, any items I've listed for sell, I will still make sure they are shipped out to the people who bought them).

I have a number of things going on in my life that are taking more important matters right now. I'm in the process of writing a book (no set date for when it will come out yet), that details parts of my life leading up to the Captains of Crush No.3 Certification (sent Randall and e-mail making sure there would be no legal issue of the use of his grippers). Until I'm done with taking care of these projects, I wish everybody the best in their personal endeavors.

Good luck John, I look forward to reading your book, closing the #3 ccs is an amazing feat.

• 3 weeks later...

The Gods of grip are calling me to comeback, I cannot deny the action any longer!.

Well, I knew the break wouldn't be for long, just needed sometime off to fire up my desire in one way or another. Been really thinking about other area's of my life and what I should do, and with that I've been looking at a number of things I'm attempting to achieve for the year 2013 (not all grip related by the way). The writing for my book is still being worked on, just haven't found the time to write a number of things down yet.

I finally have the "Pop's Gripper" Grip Machine, that thing is tricky in the right way (the idea's you can use on it are almost endless, plus the bands that come with it are even more tricky). The only drawback is the thick handles, but that's just a mirror issue. Because of this thing, I have a feeling the Captains of Crush #3.5 is going down soon. The GHP Level 8 hand gripper is really becoming easy. (There's only a 2 lb difference between my 3.5 and level 8; I can mash the level 8 with no problem, only when I try to make a video of the close does it deny my action :angry:, but that is only for now!)

2/24/13 Workout) (Everything is considered lifted unless noted)

1) Squats with the IronMind Super Squats Hip Belt: 2x20 (Weight at 257.8 lbs).

2) Bent Press: 4x2 (Dumbbell used with a Weight at 59.2 lbs).

3) Dumbbell Curl: 3x2 (Weight at 59.2 lbs).

4) Chest Expander Front Chest Pull: 3x5 (120 lbs of force).

5) Wrestler's Bridge: 3x25 seconds (First time I've done this movement in maybe 3 1/2 or 4 years, made my neck feel great).

(Grip Portion of the workout)

6) Warm Up Gripper: 5x5 (Trainer, TNS reps).

7) Pop's Gripper Grip Machine: 10x5 (Weight at 227.6 lbs) (This grip machine has really worked my grip in different ways since I started using it.).

8) Wheel Hub: 6x1 (Weight at 61.7 lbs) (I found this equipment, works just fine but a lot harder than the IronMind Hub; was the first time I've done some hub pinch gripping since June of last year.).

9) Wrist Roller: 5x5 (Forwards and Backwards) (Weight at 127.9 lbs).

10) Extensors: 3x13 seconds (Expand Your Hand Bands Blue and Red).

• Like 1

When you use the grip machine, are you doing it one-handed, or two-handed? I hopefully will be getting one soon.

When you use the grip machine, are you doing it one-handed, or two-handed? I hopefully will be getting one soon.

Two-handed right now. Going to experiment with this grip machine for a while until I find the right training method that will work for myself.

The training bands that come with it really are something. I put on all of them with a 25 lb plate and couldn't even move it.

Thought I do something different for today. Here's a video of the workout, I say this is an easy workout (side note, this is the first time in a while I've used the Super Squats Hip Belt on my Barbell, so it felt a little odd for me and I wasn't use to it)...

http://youtu.be/VbEnq2NF81U

Here's the grip portion of the workout (no video for this one)

1) Warm up Gripper: 8x5 (Trainer, TNS Reps).

2) Pop's Gripper Grip Machine: 20x5 (100 total reps, 2 handed, Weight used was 217.4 lbs, total weight lifted by the end was 21,740 lbs).

3) TTK: 6x5 seconds (Weight at 50.8 lbs).

4) Expander Your Hand Bands: 4x10 seconds (Blue and Red Bands used).

Really kept this workout simple.

2/27/13 Workout (All Lifts are considered lifted unless noted)

1) Bent Press: 11x1 (64.2 lb dumbbell right hand, 34 lb Kettlebell left hand)

Besides that, I messed with some of my grippers. I've been after the #3.5 CoC ever since I closed it before, ever since I have been working with the Pop's Gripper, I know I'll get to that gripper even quicker now (I think I won't go to a 100 reps next time, maybe 40-46 reps with an added 5.1 lbs.). Only been using the Pop's Gripper for a short time, yesterday's workout drained me on grip, but I sure am feeling good today and tried a rated #3.5 (179 lbs) for a few attempts. After my second round with the gripper, I felt anger come forward towards that 3.5, and closed it shut! Now I just have to work on really getting it shut more, that's the trick!

• Like 2

Interesting grip workout. Really pushed myself on the Secret Weapon and the IM TTK, hit weights on both machines I wasn't expecting to get. May do a normal workout later, but that's only if I don't have other things going on. Was going to wait until Friday, but I said "F" it and bought a brand new IM Hub from Cannon PowerWorks (should be interesting to see what I can pull on it now).

3/04/13 Grip Work (everything is considered lifted unless noted)

1) Warm Up Gripper: 3x5 (Trainer, TNS reps)

2) Secret Weapon: 9x5 seconds (Weight at 281.2 lbs)

3) Silver Bullet hold: 9x5 seconds (Atom Gripz 3 Band Gripper with 5.1 lbs; this was intermixed with after each single done on the Secret Weapon)

4) IM TTK: 3x5 seconds (Weight at 60.7 lbs; felt like the thumbs were going to rip out of the sockets after the 3rd set)

5) Sledgehammer lever Isometric: 6x10 seconds (Weight at 9 lbs; held at the side with a front and rear hold)

6) Extersors: 7x5 seconds (Red Band)

Was busy all day yesterday. Was only able to do a few things. Been working on my writing and was able to publish a short training manual for kindle yesterday (I spent 14 straight hours on it), I have about 2 more volumes to write.

3/06/13 Workout from last night) (everything is considered lifted unless noted)

1) Hip Squats: 11x5 (Weight at 283.6 lbs) (Held the weight in an Isometric hold for 5 seconds on one attempt)

2) Curls: 4x3 (lifts done on an EZ-curl Bar, weight at 108 lbs).

3) Chest Expander Front Chest Pull: 4x5 (120 lbs Force)

4) Kettlebell Jerk: 14x16kg....15x24kg

5) Ab impact training: Took a 16 oz. mallet and striked my midsection ranging from light strikes to full force strikes.

6) Contracted Breathing: 4x5

How did you perform the 5) !? Good you train at home :grin:

I'll make a video of that later. I have a few things planned for today.

Training at home is the only training I've ever done; only been to a gym once and didn't care for it.

How did you perform the 5) !? Good you train at home :grin:

Here's a short video talking about how I do Ab Impact Training. Be careful if you do this as it can hurt like H#$%

http://youtu.be/WWCkAVQVb2U