192 Lb Rgc Rated 20 Mm Block Set Gripper Close - Pr

Chez

Gripper Rated by Matt Cannon. Its a freakishly hard MM3 Replica. Feels harder than the real MM5. I have never been particular great at 20 MM Block set closes since I like to explode into the close and the block set makes me pause. This is a PR. I hosting a comp this weekend and I hope to duplicate this close or going higher. This would rank 2nd for 20 mm block set closes in a comp on gripsport.org behind only Andrew Durniat (I was there when Andrew closed a 206 lb COC #4 with a 20mm block set).

Edited by Chez
  • Like 10

Damn you dominated that gripper! Get a good week of rest and I hope you kill that same gripper early in your attempts this weekend.

Thanks guys. Training has been going really well lately. I'm an adrenaline junkie so I'm usually good for a couple more pounds for a comp or cert. If I'm feeling great I'll go for my 194.45 Super Elite 20 MM block set. I feel I can get it if I really pump myself up on a good day. Look forward to seeing both Jose and Mike on Comp day!

• Like 1

So is anybody else starting to wonder if Chez's avi pic is really him….

World class close man, congratulations!

• Like 1

Lol. Are you planning to get green at the comp Chez to get those extra few pounds of pressure?

Great close btw.

I'm always blown away by your grip strength. It's world class for sure.

That's awesome chez! Ungodly crushing strength. I have a brand new SE rated by cpw at 193. You wanna have a dance with it?

Those MM3 dups are no joke. Depending on how long ago you ordered it, this could be part of the reason we went to pre-rated Mash Monsters and started ordering them different from Warren. The SE springs especially were just not landing where they should to be a good replica.

190+ closes are hallowed ground...never mind a block set. Great close.

You're constantly improving and staying hungry for greater and greater accomplishments, very inspirational Chez!

That is a vicious close.

Even more impressive that you did it with that crap music on in the background.

• Like 1

Very awesome. Your efforts are always outstanding!

Super impressive!

Well done.

Sick bro

That is a vicious close.

"Why ya gotta be so ruuuude"

Lols

World class close man, congratulations!

haha, I do have some anger management issues :ph34r:

That's awesome chez! Ungodly crushing strength. I have a brand new SE rated by cpw at 193. You wanna have a dance with it?

Sure, bring it along. There is always room for another gripper

That is a vicious close.

haha. That is the radio in the background. I only get like 4 channels in my garage so I'm at the mercy of whatever comes on.

Thanks to everyone else for the kind comments. I actually missed it the first time by like a 1/16 inch and got pissed. I regrouped to get it on the second attempt. Sometimes you just need to get your head right.

You're constantly improving and staying hungry for greater and greater accomplishments, very inspirational Chez!

Thanks Bob. means a lot coming from a dedicated guy like you. Setting small reasonable goals keeps me going. Some nights I'm dead tired and I have to force myself to train but I'm always happy when I do.

• Like 1

Nice man. Huge crush strength! Very inspiring.