Possible Grip Mutant?

mightyjoe

Met this guy today and he is a grip mutant! With no grip training he almost locked 455 DO on the axle, lifted the FATMAN blob, lifted 6 dimes and 7 dimes with a PVC the middle, lifted the inch, lifted 2 45's and 3 25's. With training this guy will be unstoppable, oh yeah and he certed the ghp7 after learning how to set a gripper properly, will be unloading videos shortly. His hands are 9 1/4'' long and 10.5'' spread

• Like 2

Tom, I can't thank you enough for having us out to train, and passing all the grip knowledge to Dave. We had a great time training with you and we're looking forward to our next trip out to your grip kingdom.

• Like 2

Looks like the Mutant is coming for a visit on Dec. 16. There will be some "real deal" equipment there along with some boss hoss grip folks too! Always men and ladies of this stature and honest interest are always welcome!

• Like 3

Nice! Are you going to run him through the "Ultimate Blob Challenge" to see if he can make it through all the blobs without a miss?

This Gold's gym guy is STRONG. Maybe he would like to come over to work in Dubai!

Chad, Tex and Dave the Mutant went at it last night full go! Truly an amazing night with talent at a high point. I am pretty sure a few all time grip marks were exceeded. Have 250 pictures and 2 full pages of event entries notes to review! Amazing!

Chad, Tex and Dave the Mutant went at it last night full go! Truly an amazing night with talent at a high point. I am pretty sure a few all time grip marks were exceeded. Have 250 pictures and 2 full pages of event entries notes to review! Amazing!

Chad Woodall?

• 4 weeks later...

I find this phenomenon of the undiscovered raw talent to be very interesting, particularly that it persists in the digital age, where everyone has a high def camera in their pocket. Is it unique to strength sports?

My inclination when being confronted with any extraordinary claim is to hold out belief until evidence is provided, and the same goes for grip feats. The more extraordinary the claim, the more extraordinary the evidence needs to be. At this stage in the game, I could just post a video of my hand closing a #3 and that's good enough. But once you get to #3.5 level, you're gonna need to show your face, measure the gripper, etc. A micrometer, a scale, and a cell phone camera are all the tools you need to sufficiently prove the legitimacy of virtually any grip feat.

So why the mythologizing? I think the evidence makes it all the more interesting. Chez is a prime example--he has logged some truly monumental grip feats, and they've been so thoroughly and honestly documented over the years that it leaves absolutely no room for doubt. I find that far more interesting than some anecdotal third hand story or jerk in a gorilla suit.

• Like 1

I find this phenomenon of the undiscovered raw talent to be very interesting, particularly that it persists in the digital age, where everyone has a high def camera in their pocket. Is it unique to strength sports?

My inclination when being confronted with any extraordinary claim is to hold out belief until evidence is provided, and the same goes for grip feats. The more extraordinary the claim, the more extraordinary the evidence needs to be. At this stage in the game, I could just post a video of my hand closing a #3 and that's good enough. But once you get to #3.5 level, you're gonna need to show your face, measure the gripper, etc. A micrometer, a scale, and a cell phone camera are all the tools you need to sufficiently prove the legitimacy of virtually any grip feat.

So why the mythologizing? I think the evidence makes it all the more interesting. Chez is a prime example--he has logged some truly monumental grip feats, and they've been so thoroughly and honestly documented over the years that it leaves absolutely no room for doubt. I find that far more interesting than some anecdotal third hand story or jerk in a gorilla suit.

I really appreciate that dude. I'm far from the strongest guy on this board, but I train hard and your words mean a lot to me.

• 3 weeks later...

The guys hand is easily 10" in length but not necessarily that thick for this kind

of length.

I guess we will see Joe. I remain skeptical. The bottom of the hand is not at the bottom of the page, and there is more than an inch at the top of the page above his hand. His hand itself is average, but those fingers are truly Gibbon-like. It is like an 8 inch hand guy with an extra inch plus on all of the fingers. The forearms look way too slender to pull an Inch. We all know the kind of power that it takes (lots of it). I suspect someone is expanding a bit on the truth. But you will get to bottom of it, no doubt about it. It's fun to anticipate. For whatever reason, we don't know much what NBA guys can do with Thick Bar, but if Mark Felix can't do certain things (his hands are NBA-plus size), then I suspect that it would literally take a "one in a million" kind of guy to do what is claimed. This could be that guy, but one in a million is pretty slim...

Going back to this thread, apparently the fellow that Joe first discovered last year is one of the 8 Mighty Mitts competitors, David Labbe. Nice find. To quote myself, "It's fun to anticipate".