New York King Kong

Chez

I'm hosting the New York location for the King Kong Grip Contest on October 25th. and wanted to start this thread to see who is interested. We can use this thread to discuss competition details. I need to nail down the location for the event but it will be either in Putnam or Westchester County New York (a little over an hour North of New York City).

Here is a link to the main thread for the Competition which details the events: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=42533.

I always look forward to meeting fellow grip guys, so come by if you are in the area. Should be a good time. This is a great competition for beginners since its all one handed events so the total weight being lifted is relatively low.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

As king Kong's last stand, hosting in NY is a great idea.

haha, very true.

I shall be there with a vengeance

Awesome. Look forward to seeing you again man. I'll bring some grippers for the after comp festivities.

• Like 2

Im in there like swimwear homies!

Hell ya. I want to see you set a weight class hub record.

Me and Amber are in for sure

awesome. its always great seeing you guys. Amber has unfinished business on the hub. I think the best for women on gripsport.org is like 55 lbs and she isn't far from it.

• Like 2

Looking forward to seeing everyone again! Jose you better be hubbing like a beast ready to break the record!

Me and Amber are in for sure

awesome. its always great seeing you guys. Amber has unfinished business on the hub. I think the best for women on gripsport.org is like 55 lbs and she isn't far from it.

yes it is 55lbs she hit 50lbs for a double after her attempts

• Like 1

I'll be there depending on location.

I will try and compete also.

Need to get some used gear to practice too.

Does Amber rate 2nd place ( Ironmind hub) on Gripsport.org?

S/F,

CEYA!

• Like 1

I'll be there depending on location.

I will try and compete also.

Need to get some used gear to practice too.

Does Amber rate 2nd place ( Ironmind hub) on Gripsport.org?

S/F,

CEYA!

Hey Ceya, here is the list for the women's hub: http://www.gripsport.org/lists.php?list=1&gender=2&event=14&country=all&measurement=. you can access all other top 50 lists from this link as well. I'll let you know the comps location as soon as its set in stone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm leaning strongly to having this at my parent's house in Katonah, NY. We won't have as much room as the last comp but the garage is heated (last year was pretty cold at the king kong comp) and most of the equipment is already there (including a place to do squats etc.) so I won't have to transport the stuff back and forth like last time (a workout on its own).

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone be interested in a training session in September. We can simulate the competition so you can plan your attempts. We are using my Euro and little big horn for the comp so it will be good to test the implements ahead of time. We are using a hub and axle belonging to someone else for the comp but I have those items as well and the difference will be minimal. Let me know.

Edited by Chez

Im sure we would be in for this

awesome. I'll wait till other people have a chance to show interest and then we can figure out a date that works for everyone.

Does anyone coming to my location want a King Kong shirt? Here is the link to the design: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=42763#entry610574. Please let me know ASAP so I can order. The design is freaking awesome and I plan on getting one myself.

I'm down to go, chez. I was going to order a shirt directly through Eric roussin...should I send you the money instead?

Does anyone coming to my location want a King Kong shirt? Here is the link to the design: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=42763#entry610574. Please let me know ASAP so I can order. The design is freaking awesome and I plan on getting one myself.

I'm down to go, chez. I was going to order a shirt directly through Eric roussin...should I send you the money instead?

I totally read Eric's post wrong. I have been super tired lately and now I'm feeling sick. Apparently you order directly from Eric, but it ships to my location if you want (you can also have it ship to you). I some how thought we were doing a location order. My bad guys. I'm running all over the place lately. Disregard my previous post, but get your order to Eric soon.

Edited by Chez

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on the mock competition you were thinking about having this month, chez?

Any updates on the mock competition you were thinking about having this month, chez?

ya, we should start planning that. Does Saturday October 4th work for everyone who is planning on coming? I figure its better to do it closer to the actual comp.

If that doesn't work, throw out some weekend dates that work better in late September/early October.

Edited by Chez