Help Me Select Exercises

Kaskelotten

I made a homemade style of Wrist Wrench and I bring it to the gym. That dude will work your fingers, thumb and forearms. If you're not veryhandy with building things you can buy one off of their website. Also, table time is key. Get with a pro or amateur in your area and practice, practice, practice! :devil

• Like 3

I made a homemade style of Wrist Wrench and I bring it to the gym. That dude will work your fingers, thumb and forearms. If you're not veryhandy with building things you can buy one off of their website. Also, table time is key. Get with a pro or amateur in your area and practice, practice, practice! :devil

I have 2-3 wrist wrench replicas for sale if anyone is looking...PM please!

• Like 1

I tried this today and felt great!

- preacher curl machine 1 arm pulls elbow lock position (like Devon Larratt's hook exercise). I liked it because the direction of pull is very similar to arm wrestling vs. with the dumbbell where the directional force is towards the ground. Also, the rotating handle allows to train both hook or top roll motions. You can actually shift your body exactly like if you were arm wrestling and even use the elbow pad on the opposite side as a hand peg for the opposite hand. I was able to pull up to 140 lbs with my R, 110lbs with the L.

photo%2528130%2529.JPG

• Like 1

in case this helps understand the positioning I'm talking about here it is with a similar machine

blogger-image--1601059352.jpgblogger-image-661922730.jpg

Edited by Evan Raftopoulos

I have to admit that i dont know anything about specific armwrestling training, other than it includes a lot of direct forearm work.

But i think you could benefit from doing "plate curls", John Brookfield describes this as the best wrist builder under the sun.. so im sure you can benefit from that one. "plate wrist curls" is another one he recommends in his grip tips on the Ironmind website. i overlooked the exercise until David Wigren mentioned them. You probably already know how strong his wrists are so it speaks for itself really.

hope this helps buddy! :)

I have 2-3 wrist wrench replicas for sale if anyone is looking...PM please!

Thanks Luke, got it today and tried it out on the cable machine. This thing works your grip/wrist/forearm and thumb and fingers all at the same time like nothing else. It's much more difficult that a rolling handle. Love it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks again for all the good replies.

Regarding hammer curls, do you do use full ROM or do you go to parallel or just a little above? I think the latter would be more useful for forearm size, but I'm not sure about strength...

What do you think?