Barbell Wristcurls

Norden

Anyone else doing this type of regular barbell wristcurls?

I love them, even though I suppose it's more of a bodybuilder type exercise.

They just feel so right to me. Only frustrating thing is to get that bar up on the bench and then back down again.

Anyhow, I'm using 80kg/176lbs in this vid. What weights do you use in this exercise and what is considered an impressive weight to curl in this manner?

Not sure what is considered an impressive weight for this exercise. i suppose it depends what your goals are. im sure in brookfields book, 'mastery of hand strength', he says youll be waiting a very long time if your looking to build strong wrists doing this exercise, but this type of wrist curl or behind the back wrist curls are great for building bigger forearms. personally i would do this exercise for moderate to high reps, say 10-20 (give or take). i may be wrong still being a rookie, but thats my take on it.

i also like to use some sort of fat grip. i prefer the 2" thick ones as they make the movement feel more natural and are better for those who dont have much natural ROM with their wrists.

• Like 1

Well the GB has a "cert" starting at 200# so I'd say 176 for 10 is pretty darn good.

Well the GB has a "cert" starting at 200# so I'd say 176 for 10 is pretty darn good.

Thanks. Nice to hear, especially from you. :)

Where do you find this cert thing?

Go to Record and Stats - wrist curls