Some Tettings

Cannon

My Elite came to 171, my M1/M2 replica came to 151, and my Grand Master came to 148, and my GHP 6 came to 124.

Incidentally, I managed to set and close my Grand Master with my right hand and almost did it with my left. I got a positive response from Matt through email, so I sort of feel obligated to try to get that on film. I am going to wait until my hand feels up to it and then try to catch myself in the act (I totally had to rub the connective tissue down to deal with some unexpected aftershock from the ONE close I did). The hardest legit close I have done to this point is my 2.5 I just sent to Matt.

What's hilarious about this is that right now (though I have cheat closed it in the past), I can't even move the COC #3 I just sent to Matt. It must be a Monster. . .

Congrats on closing your GM! Your GHP6 came in very low. I had thought GHP's were the most consistent.

How many reps were you getting with the 2.5 prior to closing your GM?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, My BBSM came in @ 129 and my pre-rated Elite Hybrid came in @ 170

I was totally dissapointed about my GHP 6 until I realized that I could use it as a warm-up and then I closed my GM. To be completely honest, I completely forgot about the GHP 6 at that point ;)

I don't know my PR on 2.5 reps (probably something like 3-5), but recently, I have only doing been using it as a second warm-up for one rep. Then I would cheat my 3 to about a 1/4 from closed and hold it there for a few seconds.

I have also done 1 cheat close a few months ago where I left the setting thumb on the dog leg and closed the 3 that way with my right hand. That cheat closing method is how I trained my left hand to legit close the 2.5. But other than that, I don't do much gripper work. I think all the double overhand deadlifts and rack pulls (mostly rack pulls) I have been doing are what gave me the strength to close my GM.

• Like 1

My Elite came to 171, my M1/M2 replica came to 151, and my Grand Master came to 148, and my GHP 6 came to 124.

Incidentally, I managed to set and close my Grand Master with my right hand and almost did it with my left. I got a positive response from Matt through email, so I sort of feel obligated to try to get that on film. I am going to wait until my hand feels up to it and then try to catch myself in the act (I totally had to rub the connective tissue down to deal with some unexpected aftershock from the ONE close I did). The hardest legit close I have done to this point is my 2.5 I just sent to Matt.

What's hilarious about this is that right now (though I have cheat closed it in the past), I can't even move the COC #3 I just sent to Matt. It must be a Monster. . .

Congrats on closing your GM! Your GHP6 came in very low. I had thought GHP's were the most consistent.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, My BBSM came in @ 129 and my pre-rated Elite Hybrid came in @ 170

I was totally dissapointed about my GHP 6 until I realized that I could use it as a warm-up and then I closed my GM. To be completely honest, I completely forgot about the GHP 6 at that point ;)

I don't know my PR on 2.5 reps (probably something like 3-5), but recently, I have only doing been using it as a second warm-up for one rep. Then I would cheat my 3 to about a 1/4 from closed and hold it there for a few seconds.

I have also done 1 cheat close a few months ago where I left the setting thumb on the dog leg and closed the 3 that way with my right hand. That cheat closing method is how I trained my left hand to legit close the 2.5. But other than that, I don't do much gripper work. I think all the double overhand deadlifts and rack pulls (mostly rack pulls) I have been doing are what gave me the strength to close my GM.

Thanks for the information. I'm going to try cheat closes and see how it works out for me.

Thanks for the information. I'm going to try cheat closes and see how it works out for me.

I forgot to mention, After your fingers get used to closing the gripper, start removing your thumb after you get the gripper closed so your hand can get used to the pressure of a closed gripper. When you first do this DO NOT HOLD IT LONGER THAN 3 seconds.

Once you get used to it however, you can go to 3-5 seconds. As you hold it longer, it gets more dangerous, so be smart. Do that a few times and your hand gets used to the pressure and eventually, you stop needing your setting thumb for anything other than the set.

Edited by wulfgeat
  • Like 1

I forgot to mention, After your fingers get used to closing the gripper, start removing your thumb after you get the gripper closed so your hand can get used to the pressure of a closed gripper. When you first do this DO NOT HOLD IT LONGER THAN 3 seconds.

Once you get used to it however, you can go to 3-5 seconds. As you hold it longer, it gets more dangerous, so be smart. Do that a few times and your hand gets used to the pressure and eventually, you stop needing your setting thumb for anything other than the set.

Thanks a lot!

Just got mine here in the UK - only took 9 days to come!! Amazing service Matt

SM = 130

GM = 149

E = 170

Will treasure these for for years to come!!

• Like 2