New Sorinex Grip Machine 2012!

mightyjoe

I was extremely HAPPY and EXCITED today to receive the NEW Sorinex Grip Machine from Richard Sorin

@ Sorinex.com !!!

Richard asked me if I would give an honest and thorough video review of his NEW Grip Machine that is like

the one he made when he was a teenager except with a really UNIQUE feature, exclusive to this Grip Machine!

Stay tuned for a detailed review right here on the Grip Board of this AWESOME piece of Grip Equipment!!!

Until then here's some pics I would like to share with you!

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10631

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10632

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10633

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10634

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10635

My heart felt THANKS to Richard Sorin for this wonderful opportunity!

The bands and band positions are a very clever idea.

I think I liked his other one better because you can stand up using it

I think I liked his other one better because you can stand up using it

Parris, there's certain advantages to using a grip machine standing but I think you might be surprised

how Richard used his machine and the advantages this model has.

I'm working on a detailed review after I do plenty of testing.

Thanks for your comment buddy!

I made the gripper to match the function and space requirements of my job situation in the 70s. You are less likely to cheat/ shrug the weight up in a seated position. Shipping and price of this unit will make it affordable for many more gripsters as well. I would either place the unit at my side to the right or left of my desk chair but my favorite was to place it facing longways away from me as seated, use both hands and crush/ pinch using my thumb and fingertips. This had great carryover(since the thumb was being strengthened in balance with fingers) to my Blob,thick bar,pinch, and vertical bar support lifts. Now enter the band hookup from several positions and strength curve is followed, micro loading is possible, reduction of plates required for resistance,micro loading, rehab, negative,speed , and overload work! This system is for strengthening the entire hand as a unit in addition to addressing the smaller parts and segments of hand strength. R Sorin

Richard,

I would like to also chime in here about the grip machine that you made for me about 12 or 13 years ago. It was a similar, but simpler machine compared to the one in Joe's picture, but the handles were only 3/4" thick to mimic the thickness of gripper handles. I think it may have been the first one that you made to that specification. The point is that I wanted to point out that your company can make pretty much anything to anybody's liking. I have always been more than pleased with your products, the service, and above all the friendly training advice and conversations. Please keep up the great work.

Steve Weiner

Some products are made by "salesmen" and some are developed by "athletes" - there is usually quite a difference in function. All the Sorinex stuff I have seen is obviously in the latter group.

This grip machine can also be found in my gym for those in the area who would like to give it a test drive.

This grip machine can also be found in my gym for those in the area who would like to give it a test drive.

I never did ask Richard who the other fortunate individuals where that received this Grip Machine to test and review but I was

almost certain you was one of them! Richard knew what he was doing when he shipped you one! Couldn't have went

to a more qualified Grip Elite than yourself Andrew!!!

My first impression is that this is a game changer. We can now use a machine and load it with bands to shut you down at the end range of motion like on a hard gripper. I know have a multitude of bands and weights to utilize to train through this sticking point in my grip strength.

My first impression is that this is a game changer. We can now use a machine and load it with bands to shut you down at the end range of motion like on a hard gripper. I know have a multitude of bands and weights to utilize to train through this sticking point in my grip strength.

Game changer for sure! One thing that caught my attention quickly was the addition of bands will

go right along with some of my earlier experiments I was doing with increasing force production in the hands

through "rate coding". One excellent way to achieve this is through ballistic type training and NOW Richard

has made further testing much easier with this NEW addition to an already very functional piece of grip training

equipment.

BTW, I was testing mine out for several hours this evening!!!

I hope this might be the " old school " missing link that could assist Andrew to the summit of the Everest of crush number4 certification.Using it in the two hand pinch mode will help to thicken the thumb pad and add to his closing platform base.R.Sorin

I hope this might be the " old school " missing link that could assist Andrew to the summit of the Everest of crush number4 certification.Using it in the two hand pinch mode will help to thicken the thumb pad and add to his closing platform base.R.Sorin

are there separate attachments for the 2 hand pinch mode you mention? or is it just a different way to position the hands on the device as pictured in the OP?

To give a quick overview the grip machine is a floor mounted unit that for now has beefed up handles to make the fingers work harder and in addition to the typical one and two headed pinch, and squeeze movements I have placed several anchor points to easily set up combinations of progressively heavy short bands. This can be used alone or with weights in every movement. The bands can be hooked up in a dozen different manners and provide from a few pounds of increasing resistance to as last night when I worked on mine enough to stop...........anyone! Talk about versatility its a grip gym in itself. The price will be killer good and it even comes with 2 sets of bands to get started. I am planning to return to my roots in training to where it all began by using this piece! R. Sorin

• Like 1

The ability to manipulate the force curve at different points would produce interesting results. Very well thought out machine!

We've just uploaded The Sorinex Mighty Mitts Pop's Gripper to our website for those interested in purchasing.

It Includes:

( 1 ) Sorinex Mighty Mitts Pop's Gripper

( 2 ) Sorinex Short Mini Bands (Red)

( 2 ) Sorinex Short Light Bands (Purple)

I also included a video demonstrating some of the features, as well as training tips with the new gripper! Hope you all enjoy!

R. Sorin

Great idea adding bands to that machine! It looks like a good setup Richard.

- Aaron

We've just uploaded The Sorinex Mighty Mitts Pop's Gripper to our website for those interested in purchasing.

It Includes:

( 1 ) Sorinex Mighty Mitts Pop's Gripper

( 2 ) Sorinex Short Mini Bands (Red)

( 2 ) Sorinex Short Light Bands (Purple)

I also included a video demonstrating some of the features, as well as training tips with the new gripper! Hope you all enjoy!

R. Sorin

Wow. Excellent price for a machine that looks incredibly well made.

Wait until you use it! I will be on mine tonight. For many even having to buy extra weights is not needed as a built in value and if required it will take either Olympic or standard 1" hole exercise type plates. RS

• Like 1

A great looking grip machine Richard, I'll be getting one of these one day!

I haven't used weight plates yet on mine except to take a picture of the grip machine with the plates

stacked on the loading pin.

I can assure you that these bands will shut down anyone if you place the correct ones on the machine. Place

a green and a purple on each side and let me know how you do!

One thing worth noting that Richard hasn't mentioned is there's an increase in closing force with the bands attached

at angles instead of straight across the bottom of the frame due to the increased distance the bands stretch. There's

4" difference which significantly adds more resistance.

I've experimented with this grip machine every day this week just with different band setups and I will say right now

without any further testing that this is the BEST Grip Machine I've ever used!

I'll have a detailed review SOON with some suggested uses for both the beginner and advanced grip athlete.

I've even come up with some unique ways that this machine can be used. So many possibilities here!

Richard nailed it with this Grip Machine!

As the old saying goes, "Never forget your roots"!

As the owner of many different types of grip machines, why wasn't I informed about this? :huh:

Oh, I would have LOVED to try this one out! I'm always on the lookout for new and innovative methods when it comes to grip strength, and looking at this, I believe Richard completely nailed it with this machine. I really like the idea of the resistance bands (I never would of thought of that), and I'm thinking how this somehow changes the training dynamics of this unique grip machine.

If anyone can give me a 'test drive' of this machine sometime in the near future - PLEASE give me a shout! :grin:

I used mine last night right before finishing out on table no set gripper work. The new gripper is so easy to adjust AND my pinch is coming back pretty quick too.It is part of my "table no set plan" # 3 close for a guy over 60 (62). I have pushed pretty hard but the bands the gripper comes with have been enough to provide enough resistance without adding weight so far. R.Sorin