Vano Training Log

freeondie

I love these vids.

YEAHHHHH... 251 is so heavy!

You're motivating me to experiement with really deep choked grippers.

• Like 1

I love these vids.

YEAHHHHH... 251 is so heavy!

You're motivating me to experiement with really deep choked grippers.

thank you. But it's still the beginning, my goal is to close it with parallels choked set

• Like 1

You need to get a tetting World Class if you dont already have one. Be the first person to make those handles touch!

• Like 1

Vano,

Do you do any specific training for setting grippers? I ask because you obviously are not getting the setting work from choked grippers? I can only imagine what it would be like trying to set that GHP10 in your hand for a parallel close.

• Like 1

Vano,

Do you do any specific training for setting grippers? I ask because you obviously are not getting the setting work from choked grippers? I can only imagine what it would be like trying to set that GHP10 in your hand for a parallel close.

Currently I'm trying to break the record of Andrew Durniat. He closed the choked with parallel 101.73 kg RGC (RGC 224.27lbs). And next, my goal is to close the GHP 10 with the choked parallel. Then I calm down and go back to mm8 and mm 9.

My arm hurts from the setting of gripper. So I decided to go out on a high level of closures from the choked.

Many people do not like the choked. They say that it is wrong, it is not real power.

I don't agree with them. Closing grippers in the choked is a good move.

I have a community in Russian social network "Vkontakte", where I'm spending the ratings on the closures from the choked.

• Like 7

You need to get a tetting World Class if you dont already have one. Be the first person to make those handles touch!

I closed the door to world Class with 6 mm in the clamp. It was this summer, but my world Class terrible appearance. So I'll focus on ghp 10, as far as I know, nobody has closed ghp10 with Parallels in the clamp.

• Like 1

This quote should be in SOMEONE'S signature line. I couldn't agree more.

"Closing grippers in the choked is a good move." -- Vano

• Like 3

Vano, how many grippers do you have in your collection?

• Like 1

I think when you are this high level that choking is more safe as well. Especially when the last part of the gripper close is the hardest unlike say a partial squat where the last part of the lift has the most leverage.

You can do more reps in the hardest ranges without having to battle the set.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

When using chokers, do you ever find that you kind of crush your index finger with your thumb? I have trouble avoiding that because you can get such an adventageous position on the gripper. And it looks like you squeeze with your thumb like I do.

When using chokers, do you ever find that you kind of crush your index finger with your thumb? I have trouble avoiding that because you can get such an adventageous position on the gripper. And it looks like you squeeze with your thumb like I do.

I'm just doing as I'm comfortable:)

The T-800 Terminator was Skynet's first cybernetic organism, with living tissue over a hyperalloy endoskeleton. This made it Skynet's first successful Infiltrator unit, capable of infiltrating the Gripworld.

Hmmmmmm. The jig is up Vano. :)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...