Weight Loss And Grip Strength

JoshW

To start off with I haven't been eating as much lately due to a heavy work load and have lost a bit of weight maybe due to stress as well and I am wondering whether this will affect my grip strength when doing my grip workouts?

Anyone who has had this in the past or something similar maybe can help here.

EAT man your body needs the fuel, and far as stress try to release some of

that in your workouts. But far as losing your grip ability

it takes more than that just hang in there man, dont let anything

bring you down.

Just worried that when I try again, I wont be able to do as many reps or close my bigger grippers. Will try eat more I guess and update on the weekend.

Bodyweight and food energy does plug right into the grip equation but it is more about an ideal functioning body weight and are you keeping enough fuel in the tank and the stress level down to be able to focus. All you have is what you have ...a positive attitude with a plan is the key. Barring injuries which again you can overcome in an organized manner have faith and go for it. The rest will follow.Best of luck!

• Like 1

I lost a lot of weight and no grip strength. energy levels and motivation can be an issue though.

To be honest, some of my best grip workouts are when i'm in the lower 190s... and i seem to struggle more if my weight is closer to 200... could be coincidence though.

I hear you, it's tough to worry about food and training when you have family issues, work, bills etc weighing you down. I've found that a good way to get calories in without having to make a whole big deal of it is by having a huge shake in the morning with oats, milk, ice cream peanut butter and protein. As for losing grip strength, you may lose a little bit but I think it would be from more so not training then from not eating as much. Muscle memory kicks in fast when you start up again, however. So don't sweat it!

I agree i do best at 195

Im a lean 195 and i do much better vs being 205 and not so lean.

It might have to do with all the body weight training I've been doing... Lots of levers... One hand push-ups, bridging etc.... Seems to be a great supplement to my grip training

It might have to do with all the body weight training I've been doing... Lots of levers... One hand push-ups, bridging etc.... Seems to be a great supplement to my grip training

Same here i do alot of lever and bending seems to of realy helped with my

gripping!

Motivation has also been a key part but having all this support does help. Would like to try bending at some point but not sure where to start and what to get?

Try some hot rolled steel 60penny nails Ironmind nail, Just make sure to use the

proper wraps. Sued is good i would suggest Ironmind wraps.

When you say levers you do mean front and back levers and not sledge hammer levering? Some people get levers and levering mixed up but as it was in the context of BW exercise you must mean levers! ;)

When you say levers you do mean front and back levers and not sledge hammer levering? Some people get levers and levering mixed up but as it was in the context of BW exercise you must mean levers! ;)

correct, front levers... too chicken at this point to try a back lever..:) I lever hammers from time to time as well but i was referring to BW training

To start off with I haven't been eating as much lately due to a heavy work load and have lost a bit of weight maybe due to stress as well and I am wondering whether this will affect my grip strength when doing my grip workouts?

Anyone who has had this in the past or something similar maybe can help here.

I feel ya, I lost 25 lbs since I started my new job

Nice dude maybe you should think about

working up to the MM0 cert?

It is the coc3 or the ghp7.