Anthony C.

Grip today

Grippers

Right: 2.5 CCS fail (so close!), 3 MMS fail, 4x2.5mms, 7x2

Left: 2 CCS fail (also close), 2.5MMS, 6x2 mms

Hub

Right 9x35, 3x40, FX45, 2 holds with 30

Left 6x33.75, 4x35, Fx40, 2 holds with 30

2HP on homemade wooden block (2 inch wide)

10x75, 3x95, 10x100

Sledge Levers, wrist curl and reverse wrist curl 4 sets each

Good workout! I haven't been really enjoying grippers lately so I backed off and did only a few sets. I'm gonna be doing a lot of attempts with the 3 now to really get better at setting, and well, to close the 3 lol. Worked my pinch hard. PR's for hub. Made a two hand pinch block out of a 2x6 and it's really nice to lift with. It's not a euro, but it'll do for now.

Solid workout, keep it up

Thanks T!

Edit: there was a typo in my original post...I actually meant 1x100 on the 2HP, not 10

Sometimes its good to give grippers a rest man. Need to try some hub myself!

Yeah man, there's so much more to grip than just crush. I commend you for going with bending. The hub is extremely fun and addicting. It's my favorite exercise to train in grip currently!

I've tried most aspects of grip but when I tried bending I knew it was the one for me! Good to hear man pretty sure getting 40 or more on the hub is respectable

• Like 2

I've tried most aspects of grip but when I tried bending I knew it was the one for me! Good to hear man pretty sure getting 40 or more on the hub is respectable

Me2, bending and RT are my favourites, followed by grippers in third place.

I hate pinch and especially hub :)

Im like polio in that exercise.

• Like 2

Full body workout yesterday

Lying leg curls

8x80 8x90 6x100 8x80

Static holds for time DO

3 holds of 275

Incline hammerstrength press

8x95 8x95, 9x95 per side

Db row

10x85 9x85 8x85

Seated overhead dumbbell press

10x65 10x65

Seated dumbbell curl

8x35 8x35 4x40

Easy station cable pushdowns

12x150 12x150 12x150 12x150

Abs

I went paintballing this weekend and my hips and back were really sore from that so took it easy on the lower body this session. Good quick workout overall with some pr's in it. Really enjoying training full body.

looks like you had a good workout, I was wondering about how long you were holding the 275 DO. Do you have a set amount of time you try to hit or just till you can't do anymore? Thanks Anthony.

looks like you had a good workout, I was wondering about how long you were holding the 275 DO. Do you have a set amount of time you try to hit or just till you can't do anymore? Thanks Anthony.

Hey frank thanks for checking out my journal! In response to your question, I basically just hold it until the bar slips out of my hands and onto the rack. My supporting grip is so bad it really needs the extra work. I'd say my first hold was for about 30 seconds and then got drastically shorter after.that.

Did some grip today...a bunch had about 4 ccs misses with my 2.5...so close too. Also got the 2.5 with the ghp 1.5 blockset for a few singles. Just barely missed the 2 off hand ccs. Also did some ttk work, just static holds in the closed position. Didn't log anything but just went by feel today.

• Like 1

Full body yesterday

Squats 8x290 8x290 8x290

Barbell military press 10x115 8x120

Tbar row not counting bar 10x150 10x150 8x150

Seated dumbbell hammer curls 6x40 6x40 6x40 7x35

Didnt do anything for chest or tris because my wrist was killing me and i couldn't put pressure on it. It's about time for me to take a week off, fellas. Body is telling me it needs a break. This month i did great with the new routine and put on solid strength. See you next week! :D

Nice squat'n Anthony! Recover. Keep it up!

Thanks geralt!! Quality deep reps too :)

Update: The week off has come to an end, but my wrist is still bothering me. I'm gonna take off a few more days and see. When I come back, I want to come back hard, not 50%.

• Like 1

Tried stretching it?

There are 7-8 bones in the wrist and one or more bones might be outta place abit.

That hurts.

Have someone grab a strong hold around your wrist and then you pull backwards while relaxed in the wrist.

Bones might go back in place.

You can also tie a stretchband in a powerrack and then around your wrist and pull back, twist carefully when the wrist is stretched out and slightly out of socket.

Helped both me and my wife when wristpain came on.

Tried stretching it?

There are 7-8 bones in the wrist and one or more bones might be outta place abit.

That hurts.

Have someone grab a strong hold around your wrist and then you pull backwards while relaxed in the wrist.

You can also tie a stretchband in a powerrack and then around your wrist and pull back, twist carefully when the wrist is stretched out and slightly out of socket.

Very interesting, thanks Peter. I've been icing it and massaging it, and stretching my hand forward and backward but I haven't just pulled yet. I will try that. Sucks because not only can I not continue grip training but I can't do any pressing stuff either.

Anthony -

My wrist acts up when doing too much grip work...especially negs. As far as I can say, the best thing for me is the wrist roller... It cures it every time. I have mine just sitting in the squat racks with some PVC to help it roll, and I use decent weight- not too heavy. Hope it helps.

Get well brother!

why don't you get an xray maybe you chiped something, get well soon

Tried stretching it?

That hurts.

Peter, I have to say, I tried this and heard a "click" in the wrist and got instant relief. Wow! It still hurts today, but only a slight margin of what it was yesterday. Thank you so much. I'm gonna stretch it more today and hopefully it comes back to me 100%.

Anthony -

My wrist acts up when doing too much grip work...especially negs. As far as I can say, the best thing for me is the wrist roller... It cures it every time. I have mine just sitting in the squat racks with some PVC to help it roll, and I use decent weight- not too heavy. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the advice Slazbob...I had the same thoughts and was doing wrist roller all week, but to no avail. Wrist roller usually seems to help if I get a tendonitis scare in the elbows, but this time didn't help my wrist.

why don't you get an xray maybe you chiped something, get well soon

Oh man I hope not dude! Well I don't have the greatest insurance in the world so I try to avoid tests and doctor visits if I can. Fortunately it's feeling better today!

• Like 1

Glad to see its feeling better bro. Yah wrist pain is very bothersome, last week my left wrist hurt like a bitch from learning how to MMS properly. Feels better know though, guess it just has to be conditioned

• Like 1

Glad to see its feeling better bro. Yah wrist pain is very bothersome, last week my left wrist hurt like a bitch from learning how to MMS properly. Feels better know though, guess it just has to be conditioned

Thanks drake. If I can give you one piece of advice, train your wrists. I think I hurt myself because I lack the wrist strength required to set these heavier grippers. Half of it is conditioning, and the other half is just needing that base strength for all these grip feats we chase. I already have the overall body strength but my wrists are a major weakpoint that i'm going to be working on hard in the future.

• Like 2

Good to hear it worked mate :)

A couple of days of stretching gets me pain free.

Dont overdo it or yank on it so it gets worse, go easy on it

• Like 1

Wrists felt great today so i decided to train. Had mixed results, as i expected from my first day back.

Grippers

Right: 1x2.5 (130) with 20mm block set, just miss mms xghp6 134, 1x2.5 125 with 1.5 inch set, 1x2.5 130 mms, 7x2 1" block

Left: miss x2.5 125, 1bbm 118, just miss x bbm 118, 4x2

Hub

Right 4x40 1x45 15x30 1 hold with 30

Left: 5x35, fx40 (caught air though), 11x30 1 hold with 30

Sledge curl

Right 6x10 6x10 5x10

Left 5x10, 4x10 3x10

Few isometric levers for both front and back, and 3 sets of rear levers with 10lbs

Pr on the 20mm block set and also for all my hubbing. I do not include the weight of the hub or loading pin. Off hand grippers were horrendous. So awkward to set.

Edited by Anthony C.
  • Like 2

Full body today

Squats

8x245 8x295 8x295

Barbell miltary press standing

8x120 8x120

Static holds double overhand

2 holds with 275

Tbar rows not counting bar weight

8x155 8x155 8x155 dropset to 10x125

Dumbbell bench press

8x90 8x85 6x85

Seated db hammer curl

6x40 7x40 9x40

Cable pushdown

10x80 10x90 6x100

Ab wheel rollouts

Awesome workout back! Squat is getting up there. I would like to try maxing soon but feel like maybe i should get some knee wraps for that.