Bison-1 I Gotta Get One - Anybody Here Tried?

gareththomasnz

I have actually saw this before and it looks like a great design. Its a little pricey though and I'm worried that its a gimmick that doesn't really work. If you get it, please write a review since this could be a great tool to train with to cert on the red nail.

I only just saw this thing today - needless to say I'm very excited

http://www.bisonstre...ining-exercises

Its gotta be one of my next scores damn

Take a look at the nails tied in knots on that site

Don't bother!

The friction pieces wear out very quickly. Hence, the need for the $10.00 warranty.

This is what it cost to replace the pieces.

Your $160.00 could be better spent on some grippers, a Powerball, and a Rolling Thunder

and maybe have some change left.

Bending the nails into knots like that "bare" handed? Yeah right!

Merry Christmas!!!

Edited by Mighty Joe

You can contact Jedd Johnson about this item he did a writeup not too long ago on the diesel website, he may still be using the tool, but I haven't heard him talk about it since then.

Rico

DeiselCrew has a video recommending them on youtube.

http://www.dieselcrew.com/product-review-bison-1m

I see they have a new device now called bison-2. It looks nothing remotely like bison-1.

Its basically two pipe rings joined by a pivot in the center. It can be used for pinch and twist etc. Personally I will get a bison-1 first.

I found a site that sells them for about US$100 with free shipping worldwide.

I like the variety of exercises & portability although being friction yes it must need replacement parts periodically.

I'm gunna give it a shot.

Edited by gareth

http://www.dieselcre...review-bison-1m

I see they have a new device now called bison-2. It looks nothing remotely like bison-1.

Its basically two pipe rings joined by a pivot in the center. It can be used for pinch and twist etc. Personally I will get a bison-1 first.

I like the variety of exercises & portability although being friction yes it must need replacement parts periodically.

Let us know how you like it and keep us up to date on your progress.

I would be curious to see if you still use it one year from now. Jedd's review was one year ago

and I haven't heard it mentioned again. I gave mine away.

One thing that Jedd mentioned in his review is a saying that I explain to every single person I train, coach or

remotely help in reaching their goals and that is, "EVERYTHING Works" for a while (usually a short period). I won't go

into the details as to why this is but it's very true, especially with a total newbie that begins grip training.

Jedd goes on to mention an open mind in your approach to new things. I agree 100%! I would add that one can accomplish

things with what he has if one uses their imagination with what they already have.

I have stuff I collect and stuff I actually use. If I make or buy an item and find myself using it consistently one year

from the date I started using it I place it into my "for use" category and if not, I place it in "for my collection" category.

I do regret giving my Bison away because someday my collection can be used as a historical timeline of the progression

of grip training tools.

Sorry for getting off topic. Just wanted to clarify why I said what I said.

http://www.dieselcre...review-bison-1m

After watching Jedd's review now I'm even more interested. What site was selling the bison for 100 bucks. Maybe I'll save up and get one.

http://beinsport.com/

$99.99 free delivery worldwide

its paypal so they cant rip you off

I guess its a wrist & forearm exerciser basically. Not a crush and finger exerciser. The main thing that got me interested was that spetsnaz & omon use them but how many thousands of spetsnaz are there ?

Many of the exercises you could do with steel bar or thick wire and some pliers or even a sledge hammer. Theres one exercise like you do with a rowers grinder.

But this is a single piece of kit.

Edited by gareth

I will say this - the Bison blows your forearms up big time.

I have not used that piece though very much in the last year. I tweaked one of my forearms at some point and the Bison put too much pressure on it so I pretty much tucked it away in a bin.

I don't see how it can have much high level strength carry-over to bending or anything like that, but I can see it as a good warm-up tool and maybe even something to increase forearm size with consistent use.

They also came out with one that has wooden paddles for the grips. Everything else is the same if memory serves. That one made my wrists hurt bad when I used it.

Take care.

Jedd

Hmmmmmm....Buffalo are indeed known for their massive wrist and forearm strength. I'll probably pick one up after my savings account recovers from my recent purchase: Serpent Legs. I gotta get my gams in shape.

• Like 1

Hmmmmmm....Buffalo are indeed known for their massive wrist and forearm strength. I'll probably pick one up after my savings account recovers from my recent purchase: Serpent Legs. I gotta get my gams in shape.

Funniest thing I've read on this board in a long while!!! LOL!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a trainer Bizon 1. He is a very good hand loads.

However, I lost it somewhere a week ago. :)

Sorry to bump my own post here but I thought I would update having used it for a few days and having learned a bit more about the device.

Heres a Bud Jeffries review

I agree with Bud - its a great bending tool but so versatile. As for what it feels like to use, kind of like using a wrench or tying steel.

Yes I recommend the device highly.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got it - certainly does pump the forearms immediately

Any updates on your experience with the Bison now that you've owned it over a month?

Thanks!!!

• 5 weeks later...

I just got it - certainly does pump the forearms immediately

gareth

I'm interested in getting one of these too.

What are you thoughts? Have you noticed increased strength in your bending, leveraging, or other activities?

I hope you experienced great gains and look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Just ran into a problem with my Bison, one of the sides cannot be unlocked, I removed the other side, but still unscrew the side, any tips?

Lucky for me, the owner of my house is a carpenter so he has all kinds of tools, he had the gripper (tool, not the COC kind) and helped me remove the other side in seconds.