Zenith Sale, $20/ea

Cannon

I use a Zenith #2 pretty often. It's a nice change when working reps. These are pretty easy on the hands and the bigger diameter spring has a smooth "Cadillac" feel where a regular gripper is like grinding the road in an Impreza WRX where you feel everything. Does that analogy make sense?

I like mine for warm ups or if my hands are particularly torn up for some reason.

• Like 1

I ordered a number 3 because the average rating is like a CoC 2.5 (my goal gripper) and the handles are easier on the hands. However, I think it's gonna be harder to set this gripper without sliding down your palm.

The handles are really smooth but chunky so makes it harder to set. I too bought a #3 due to working on a #2-#2.5 but in all honesty would have been better off with a #2 and use it for a warm up gripper

The handles are really smooth but chunky so makes it harder to set. I too bought a #3 due to working on a #2-#2.5 but in all honesty would have been better off with a #2 and use it for a warm up gripper

Sam, your gripper strength is just about where mine currently is. My Z3 is in the mail. From reading your profile and other comments here at GB concerning the Z3 it seems that it is a bit easier than the 2.5. Now that you're closer to the 2.5, are you able to do more than 1 rep with the Z3?

As for the Z2, it feels great in my hands. RH repped it 23 times out of the package and my max now is 27 reps. Ideally (for me, and likely you) IM would've made a Z2.5 and we'd use that as a mid range repping gripper. Maybe doing 10 or so reps and trying to work towards more reps.

.. neilkaz ..

With all due respect to IM I don't think that they achieved all that they could have with this product line. There are two glaring omissions in gripper strength. I'll use RGC cal #'s to discuss but realize that most of them seem somewhat easier than their RGC ratings to close.

These grippers are targeted mostly towards those who aren't hard core grip addicts like most of us here at GB. The lack of knurling means that you can do high reps and not rip up your skin. This is especially important to much of our female work force who work professional yet non physical jobs. With this is mind, why no Zenith Sport?

We have the Agility which has the Guide sized spring (I presume) but is so easy that kids can close it. 20 lb RGC. At this beginning level. the jump from there to the Z-T with 50 lbs RGC is huge. I have one and typical women with no training cannot shut it, or if they can it is barely and they'd prefer something easier that they can rep several times. In this case and even for smaller non athletic males, or elderly or kids, a Zenith Sport would make perfect sense and likely RGC between 30 and 40 lbs. The lack of the Z-Sport seems to be a glaring omission by IM considering whom these grippers were mostly targeted towards.

I mentioned the lack of a Z2.5 in my post above, and would love to have one with a RGC of about 105 for a repping and w/u gripper and expect that I am not alone with that desire. The gap between 85 lb and 125 lb is huge.

The gap between Z3 and Z4, 125 to 180 lbs is also huge. But would a Z3.5 sell much? I dunno, but I reckon there's some MMO,MM1.MM2's here that could make use of one as a mid range repping gripper.

.. neilkaz ..

• Like 1

Sam, your gripper strength is just about where mine currently is. My Z3 is in the mail. From reading your profile and other comments here at GB concerning the Z3 it seems that it is a bit easier than the 2.5. Now that you're closer to the 2.5, are you able to do more than 1 rep with the Z3?

As for the Z2, it feels great in my hands. RH repped it 23 times out of the package and my max now is 27 reps. Ideally (for me, and likely you) IM would've made a Z2.5 and we'd use that as a mid range repping gripper. Maybe doing 10 or so reps and trying to work towards more reps.

.. neilkaz ..

For the Z3 i can get a few reps out of doing a block set range. The #2.5 COC i can do about 2-4 block set on a good day. I dont have a Z2 but can rep the COC 2 for 20+ from a block set

in all honesty would have been better off with a #2 and use it for a warm up gripper

Got a #2 as well :)

I have a few of my grippers at work (PT clinic) and use them for grip testing (how mm they can close a gripper if not all the way) and to motivate people to train their grip and stay healthy. It seems to work. It's my goal to put that captains of crush certificate on the wall one day.

• Like 2

OK Z3 arrived. (Love Cannon's 2 day shipping) I seasoned it with a few chest crushes and warmed up and managed 4 reps. This Z3 is way easier than my 2.5. I don't use much of a set and basically just jam the gripper into the forward part of my hand in a position that optimally places my fingers. Anything I close would pass the GHP 1.5" block test.

My Cannon rated GHP5 at 109 lbs is also harder than this Z3 for me. It could be my lack of deep set technique but I really can't yet get a 2nd rep with the GHP5.

I'd have preferred a repping gripper that I could do about 8 reps with, but now I have incentive to work hard and get stronger with the Z3.

Edited by neilkaz
  • Like 1