Cannon Powerworks Gripper Ratings

EricMilfeld

any chance a revised ratings data chart is in the works for July?

• Like 1

On 7/26/2016 at 10:40 AM, routesetter said:

@Cannon I appreciate the addition of the RB and Spectrum grippers to the Ratings Data. Any chance we'll see data for the Heavy Grips grippers soon?

This might be what you are looking for: 

Also, I rate pretty consistently within a couple pounds of Cannon. So here is my data on the Heavy Grips that I have rated (Note: These grippers are from different batches and could be made in different factories and with different materials):

Make Model RGC
Heavy Grips 150 66
Heavy Grips 200 90
Heavy Grips 200 92
Heavy Grips 200 96
Heavy Grips 250 118
Heavy Grips 250 124
Heavy Grips 300 147
Heavy Grips 350 166
Heavy Grips 350 169
Heavy Grips 350 177
Heavy Grips 350 184

Edit: I just realized that I was responding to a post from last year. Oh well. Maybe @routesetter is still looking for the info.

Edited by Squeezus
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Squeezus said:

This might be what you are looking for: 

Also, I rate pretty consistently within a couple pounds of Cannon. So here is my data on the Heavy Grips that I have rated (Note: These grippers are from different batches and could be made in different factories and with different materials):

Make Model RGC
Heavy Grips 150 66
Heavy Grips 200 90
Heavy Grips 200 92
Heavy Grips 200 96
Heavy Grips 250 118
Heavy Grips 250 124
Heavy Grips 300 147
Heavy Grips 350 166
Heavy Grips 350 169
Heavy Grips 350 177
Heavy Grips 350 184

Edit: I just realized that I was responding to a post from last year. Oh well. Maybe @routesetter is still looking for the info.

still helpful. thanks dude!

• 4 weeks later...

@routesetter

We've been collecting Heavy Grips data for a couple years.  I will see if I feel like there is enough data to be useful yet the next time I update.  Heavy Grips don't get rated that often.

Thanks for the numbers @Squeezus

On 7/22/2017 at 10:46 AM, KapMan said:

HGs arent used that much. Why is that you think?

I think they're one of the most-sold grippers overall. They might not be rated much though. You can't beat the price for what amounts to a total workhorse. I file mine, bang them around, etc and don't feel bad about it. I've probably got more reps on my HG150 than any other gripper I own.  Thousands upon thousands of reps. 

• Like 1

I have a full set. My only complaint is the 250 has a giant spread and light knurling and it feels like the same difficulty as the 300. 

46 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I think they're one of the most-sold grippers overall. They might not be rated much though. You can't beat the price for what amounts to a total workhorse. I file mine, back then around, etc and don't feel bad about it. I've probably got more reps on my HG150 than any other gripper I own.  Thousands upon thousands of reps. 

Awesome! The more you know.

56 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I have a full set. My only complaint is the 250 has a giant spread and light knurling and it feels like the same difficulty as the 300. 

They vary, that's for sure. But there's no doubt you can get a valuable resistance workout from them. 

I actually enjoy my HG grippers, the 350 feels good to close and i use all the smaller ones for my warmup instead of expensive light grippers.

• Like 1

My HG300 is my favorite gripper. 

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, SkyHeart said:

I've heard great things about Cannon Powerworks but have yet to buy from there. Looking forward to the day that i do! 

I highly recommend them for products and for rating service.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

For the 10th Anniversary of CPW, we posted some new ratings data for the major brands.

https://cannonpowerworks.com/pages/grip-strength-ratings-data

Mainly, we now provide the following:

• In addition to average we show how many grippers hit the average. Average can be misleading because, as you'll see, in some cases no gripper has ever actually been average. This interesting video discusses this phenomenon
  • Mode and the number of grippers which hit the mode. By definition this number will always be higher than the number that hit the average unless the average and mode are the same. But this can be misleading too like in the case of IronMind #3.5. Apparently the mode is 180 but in reality no #3.5 has hit that number in the past 2 years. 
  • ±2% is a new field as well. This shows what percentage of all ratings are within 2% of the average. For example, 93% of all Standard Irons have been within 2% of the average of 137. Meaning 93% of the total number of 197 Irons rated landed 134 to 140.

Enjoy! Let me know if there are any questions. Also check out the GripBoard exclusive "Last 10" request thread.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Cannon said:

For the 10th Anniversary of CPW, we posted some new ratings data for the major brands.

https://cannonpowerworks.com/pages/grip-strength-ratings-data

Mainly, we now provide the following:

• In addition to average we show how many grippers hit the average. Average can be misleading because, as you'll see, in some cases no gripper has ever actually been average. This interesting video discusses this phenomenon
  • Mode and the number of grippers which hit the mode. By definition this number will always be higher than the number that hit the average unless the average and mode are the same. But this can be misleading too like in the case of IronMind #3.5. Apparently the mode is 180 but in reality no #3.5 has hit that number in the past 2 years. 
  • ±2% is a new field as well. This shows what percentage of all ratings are within 2% of the average. For example, 93% of all Standard Irons have been within 2% of the average of 137. Meaning 93% of the total number of 197 Irons rated landed 134 to 140.

Enjoy! Let me know if there are any questions. Also check out the GripBoard exclusive "Last 10" request thread.  

The new ratings data is amazing... really gives some insights on how the ratings are. Love the latest "last 10 grippers" thread, could be extremely useful for certifications. I have not seen a CoC#3 above 155 in forever, when was the last very heavy #3 close to the 160s rated at CPW? 🤔

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alexander Koss said:

The new ratings data is amazing... really gives some insights on how the ratings are. Love the latest "last 10 grippers" thread, could be extremely useful for certifications. I have not seen a CoC#3 above 155 in forever, when was the last very heavy #3 close to the 160s rated at CPW? 🤔

A #3 has not hit 160 since October of 2015. 

The highest recent one is 156 in January of 2022.

It is very uncommon for a #3 to be over 152. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 6:46 PM, Cannon said:

I really appreciate how you guys keep this data! Please continue doing so, I love numbers and data! 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 1:46 AM, Cannon said:

Interesting. The last two grippers I've bought. Only bought two for the last 1.5 years. Both have been unusually high. I haven't rated them but the #3 I got a year ago is for sure 160+. It's a brick of a #3.

Just bought a #2.5 which is the hardest #2.5 I've bought, although not the hardest but the second hardest I've tried. Probably somewhere around 133-135.

I think the place I've bought them from has had them in stock for a long time, so it's probably a batch from several years ago.

• Like 1