Today Is The Last Day :)

climber511

I now believe the earth really will end today. Not because of the Mayans but because of what I accomplished in my workout today. Now I know - and everyone who knows me (the anti gripper guy) knows my feeling on grippers and the whole "setting" train wreck discussion etc etc. I have been a long time (and nearly lone voice) for choker closes as a measure of your plain ole strength of "closing" grippers. And please don't use this post to argue sets as I don't care. Today I accomplished a long time goal of closing a COC #4 - in a choker with the handles set to exactly parallel - so please don't think I'm saying I am a #4 closer - which of course I am NOT. But I am pretty happy about it!

• Like 17

I now believe the earth really will end today. Not because of the Mayans but because of what I accomplished in my workout today. Now I know - and everyone who knows me (the anti gripper guy) knows my feeling on grippers and the whole "setting" train wreck discussion etc etc. I have been a long time (and nearly lone voice) for choker closes as a measure of your plain ole strength of "closing" grippers. And please don't use this post to argue sets as I don't care. Today I accomplished a long time goal of closing a COC #4 - in a choker with the handles set to exactly parallel - so please don't think I'm saying I am a #4 closer - which of course I am NOT. But I am pretty happy about it!

Heck yeah! :rock

Awesome close chocked or not that thing is still a brick. Congratulations :rock:rock

Congrats Chris. Closing a chocked #4 is a big deal.

This just goes to show that even as we age hand strength can continue to build to high levels -Awesome Job Chris your an inspiration!

Congratulations, Chris!

What does that 4 calibrate at?

And I'm totally on board with your choking philosophy.

Congrats, Chris! Even if you didn't close a choked #4, you're still a boss!

Congratulations, Chris!

Eric - I have borrowed two #4s to work with. This one is 194 and change. The other is 197 and change - it is the new goal now. I'm simply in awe of Andrew - Brad - and Paul doing 224 in the contest. And to even think of Credit Card Setting one of these is unreal to me. I have now reached every gripper goal I ever set for myself - I think I'll work the 197 for a while and move on.

And thanks everyone!

• Like 2

Congratulations, Chris!

Eric - I have borrowed two #4s to work with. This one is 194 and change. The other is 197 and change - it is the new goal now. I'm simply in awe of Andrew - Brad - and Paul doing 224 in the contest. And to even think of Credit Card Setting one of these is unreal to me. I have now reached every gripper goal I ever set for myself - I think I'll work the 197 for a while and move on.

And thanks everyone!

That's legit, Chris! Again, outstanding accomplishment.

Congratulations, Chris!

And thanks everyone!

That's legit, Chris! Again, outstanding accomplishment.

Merry Christmas to you,Chris ! What an impressive present to give yourself.

Awesome!

That's HUGE Chris!!!

Strength through the Ages!!!

Motivational & Inspirational!!!

Tried the 197 #4 during the workout today - uh - not much happened :). It felt 30# harder not 3# hehe.

Very impressive, Chris! You have my respect.

Tom

end of the world I thought hell froze over

Congrats :rock

Very strong work Chris! :)