The Shoggoth Basement

Shoggoth

I made sure to stay bolt upright yesterday as well. More playing. I'm guessing I just need to pile on some more weight haha!

February 8, 2015

Afternoon

I figure I must be hitting my set-up properly on these block pulls as they feel very tough, tougher than off of the floor. That's good. Better carryover.

Deadlift

135 x 4 x 3r

225 x 2 x 2r

315 x 2

405 x 1

455 x 1

5" Block Pulls

495 x 1

525 x 1

555 x 1

575 x 1

585 x 1

465 x 5

Upright Row

85 x 3 x 15r

Pendley Row

245 x 3 x 8r

EZ Curl

85 x 3 x 10r

image1.png

February 10, 2015

Before Supper

Not quite what I wanted so I pushed the volume a bit and plan on pounding back the calories and work on more sleep.

Bench Press - Good pauses on everything

45 x 3 x 15r

135 x 8

185 x 5

225 x 3

275 x 2

300 x 5 x 3r

Add Original/Red Slingshot. Get some weight in my hands.

315 x 5

335 x 3

355 x 3

Pull-ups

BW x 18r in 7

Feet up DB Bench Press

100e x 3 x 7r

Going to have to work the hell out of my back on Thursday.

February 12, 2014

Before Supper

Well I can't get a decent flight and return for the Topeka meet so the comp is off for me. That really sucks as it's an awesome learning opportunity.

Anyways based on that I took the wraps back off and I'll do a mock meet on the 27th with sleeves and a belt.

Squat

45 x 4 x 3r

135 x 3

225 x 3

315 x 1

365 x 1

405 x 1

455 x 1

485 x 3 x 1r

Hip Belt Squat

75 x 10

100 x 10

150 x 3 x 10r

45' Back Raise

BW x 3 x 15r

• Like 2

Strong squattin, is that a PR?

Thanks man. No but I haven't had this much weight on my back in a year. Most of the past year was spent working under 405 as I gave myself a couple of good tweaks.

Hell of a leg workout!

Danke bud!

February 14, 2015

Noon

Quick and simple. Too many whisky last night and I want to perform my next day's deadlifting well so no back today.

Seated BB Press - Bolt Upright, Full RoM

45 x 3 x 8r

95 x 5

135 x 5

155 x 3 x 8r

I'm getting much better at locking out.

Dips - Chalked the handles. Way nicer. Good titty pump.

BW (275# Dressed) x 5 x 8r

Pull-Aparts

MM x 100r

• Like 1

LoL he said titty!

• Like 1

February 15, 2015

Before Supper

Quick workout. Next week is my deload prior to my mock meet on the 28th.

1) Deadlift

135 x 3 x 3r

225 x 2

315 x 1

405 x 1

455 x 1

495 x 1

515 x 1

2a) BWTG SSB High Box Squat

135 x 5

225 x 5

315 x 2 x 8r

2b) Pendley Row

255 x 3 x 8r

• Like 1

What kind of numbers are you looking to hit? I'm a huge fan of mock meets, they mean almost as much and use weights you normally train with so there's a good comparison.

What kind of numbers are you looking to hit? I'm a huge fan of mock meets, they mean almost as much and use weights you normally train with so there's a good comparison.

I'm thinking 525 belt and tk sleeves squat, 245 bench, and 575 beltless pull could be doable. Fingers crossed. Gimped up a few months this year and my bench is just starting to come back after a couple of years armwrestling.

• Like 2

February 17, 2015

Noon

Last "workday" prior to next week's deload and mock meet. Boobies are still tuckered from Saturday's workout.

Bench Press - 3ct Pauses

45 x 3 x 15r

135 x 5

185 x 1

225 x 3

275 x 1

295 x 1

315 x 1

240 x 2 x 10r - all paused

45' Incline DB Press - Controlled mind-muscle crap

65e x 3 x 10r

Pull-ups

BW (275) x 21 in 7

Been reading Rex's book a bunch more over the past couple of weeks. There's a line in there that's really struck a cord and is how I've really been looking at the assistance work this year. Anyways he says to take a few seconds just to get your head right before each set of assistance work; what's the goal of it? It's not to move the most weight. To be heaving crap around. It's bodybuilding. Drop the weight and master it. Feel it where it needs to be. Otherwise you're just turning them into main lifts as well.

• Like 2

Duplicate post

I'm thinking 525 belt and tk sleeves squat, 245 bench, and 575 beltless pull could be doable. Fingers crossed. Gimped up a few months this year and my bench is just starting to come back after a couple of years armwrestling.

345 I mean.

Edited by Shoggoth

"Tuckered" - love that word! I was wondering why you only wanted 245 on the bench, but I wasn't going to question! haha

It would've been good for the ego to kill it haha!

February 19, 2015

Noon

Last heavy squat day before next weekend.

Squat - Belt & TK Sleeves on Worksets

45 x 4 x 3r

135 x 3

225 x 2

315 x 1

365 x 1

405 x 1

455 x 1

495 x 1

445 x 6 x 1r

Worked at compensatory acceleration.

Seated Band Hammy Curls

MM x 3 x 15r

I need to get some long light bands.

I've never squatted in a belt. Although a friend gave me a nice power lifting one. Do you have to adjust your form at all?

I've never squatted in a belt. Although a friend gave me a nice power lifting one. Do you have to adjust your form at all?

I don't think so. Feels a little different but I don't tighten mine up very much either. When it's s bit looser it works as more of a cue to stay tight.

44 seconds in he talks belt placement. I have been doing this when my knees allow me to back squat and it really does help a lot. Just get ready for some pain and bruising from the belt!

44 seconds in he talks belt placement. I have been doing this when my knees allow me to back squat and it really does help a lot. Just get ready for some pain and bruising from the belt!

thanks Jason, Rick ill check out the vid.

February 21, 2015

Afternoon

Worked up to a heavy single for my last work day prior to next Saturday's mock meet. I'm happy that my weak ass bench is moving again after regressing and stalling so much over the last couple of years.

Bench Press - Paused. Started to get a little short in the last couple.

45 x 3 x 15r

135 x 5

185 x 3

225 x 1

275 x 1

315 x 1

325 x 1

335 x 1

300 x 6 x 1r - Good full 3ct stops

DB Bench Press

80e x 5 x 10r

• Like 1

Good benching! - also interesting switch up from the usual metal tracks haha

Thanks man! I usually lift better with fun music rather than violent stuff. Probably stems from watching A Clockwork Orange so many times haha!

February 23, 2015

Before Supper

Deload Week

Squat

45 x 4 x 3r

135 x 3

225 x 2

315 x 1

365 x 1

405 x 5 x 2r

Deadlift

225 x 2 x 2r

315 x 2

345 x 5 x 1r

I think there's too much hate on the Tommy Kono sleeves. They keep your knees super warm, don't influence your squat a bunch, and really aren't that tough to get on.

I agree with ya, never found them that bad. Though I did switch from sleeves to olympic knee wraps. Still have some brand new ones around here somewhere.

• Like 1