Does Anyone Have The Mighty Mitts?

B-man

And if so, do you like it? Also, how does that compare to the go really grip machine?

I'm expanding my grip equipment, and appreciate all the insight, the board has provided in the past couple of days. Thanks!

I've had mine a few months now, I got it with crushbooster which is great for doing negatives. I still haven't put weights on it yet, the bands are still plenty good for me. You should watch Mighty Joes review of it, I think Jedd also reviewed it.

Hey bro, look up John McCarter's videos on YouTube. He has videos extensively explaining both questions I've seen you post so far.

He's one of the strongest guys on grippers, and is breaking some new ground on the hub. He also has at least 5 grip machines and is a nice dude.

• Like 2

Hope this helps in wanting to know more about grip machines; here's the link to the grip machine video I made:

• Like 3

I just got to watch your video. Awesome video, John

Thanks

John I also watched your video and after some thinking I have an idea that I plan of fabricating in my shop that would be a bolt on option that would making the handle of the Mighty Mitts smaller. Since you have more experience with grip machines what do you think the ideal handle diameter would be?

• Like 1

John I also watched your video and after some thinking I have an idea that I plan of fabricating in my shop that would be a bolt on option that would making the handle of the Mighty Mitts smaller. Since you have more experience with grip machines what do you think the ideal handle diameter would be?

After I made the video, I did take some time to play with the pop's gripper and found the I could use the handles better then when I started. As for the ideal dimensions for the handle diameter, it would have to be something you would have to play with yourself. Take the hand grippers you have and think of how they would feel if they were different sizes. 16mm may be to small, 18-23mm may yield results, but I say take some time and figure what's going to work best for you.

Will do, I kind of feel like 20mm would be pretty ideal. I have 7 1/2" hands and I can use the Pop's gripper well enough but I also want to try some other handle sizes before welding something.

• 3 months later...

not sure if anyone has ever made one.. but if i had the equipment and the know-how, id weld a gripper with flat handles so i could do palm squeezes. works the same muscles as closing a gripper, just hitting them using a different grip. id like to try something like that to see how effective it is.

The size of the handles lend to greater versatility in pinch squeezes ,choke squeezes that employ the thumb and reduce bone bending point pressure. With the Pops you can address all three facets that comprize grip strength. Actually ,the bands and choke grip exercise add a dimension that I feel is the best feature on the product. Look at the videos perhaps that can help you see the potential of each. We have done a few custom thin handled units for some gripsters.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if anyone has ever made one.. but if i had the equipment and the know-how, id weld a gripper with flat handles so i could do palm squeezes. works the same muscles as closing a gripper, just hitting them using a different grip. id like to try something like that to see how effective it is.

Maybe get the 1 inch handles on a Silvis, only get them ground (or filed) flat?

• 3 weeks later...

The size of the handles lend to greater versatility in pinch squeezes ,choke squeezes that employ the thumb and reduce bone bending point pressure. With the Pops you can address all three facets that comprize grip strength. Actually ,the bands and choke grip exercise add a dimension that I feel is the best feature on the product. Look at the videos perhaps that can help you see the potential of each. We have done a few custom thin handled units for some gripsters.

Richard, I was very interested in getting this, especially with the thinner 3/4" handles like Chez has. I emailed Sorinex.com but haven't received a quote yet. How long does it normally take once an order is placed to have it with the custom handles?

Thanks.

Usually runs about 3 weeks. For custom stuff. Coming up with some great new abilities on huge lazer we have running. Like Frankenstein's lab. Send me a PM with your contact info. I will get this moving for you personally.

I always like the thicker handle because it is a multi use unit for all three phases of grip development not just crushing so thicker handles allow for more comfort and variety of use . The dynamic choke pinch movement that can be done on the Pops may be the most effective functional triad of training I have used so far in all my training.

• Like 1

Usually runs about 3 weeks. For custom stuff. Coming up with some great new abilities on huge lazer we have running. Like Frankenstein's lab. Send me a PM with your contact info. I will get this moving for you personally.

I always like the thicker handle because it is a multi use unit for all three phases of grip development not just crushing so thicker handles allow for more comfort and variety of use . The dynamic choke pinch movement that can be done on the Pops may be the most effective functional triad of training I have used so far in all my training.

PM Sent, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Should be getting the Pops Gripper w/crush booster tomorrow! EXCELLENT service by Sorinex!! Once i get this in and put it together I'll be doing a detailed video review. I opted for the customer 3/4" handles after a very lengthy discussion with a few gripboard members. Very pumped to try this out/

Definitely interested in hearing your thoughts. When we move and I can set up a new home gym space I am considering one.

Still pending a video review but what I can say so far from the one quick session I had with it is that the 3/4" handles are definitely the way to go. Has an awesome feel to it and the crush booster is so comfortable in the hands. I had a secret weapon negative machine and although this was a good tool, would be painful to use for some reason. I can see why this is such an amazing grip tool and I highly recommend this.

• 2 weeks later...