100 Lb Barrier Broken On The Ironmind Hub

John McCarter

I like to think I'm ok on the hub and this is more than 20kg over my best, this is huge and I'm eagerly awaiting the numbers from KK!

The 122 lbs I pulled in training was not something I thought that could not be done. At this current time, I have no idea what numbers I'll produce Saturday at King Kong, it will depend greatly on the hub and how well it holds chalk. I'm not getting my hopes up; it could go 50/50 both ways of getting it or not.

Two things, and keep in mind that my years of experience are largely on the "old version" of the hub.

1. I chalk the device, but it seems nothing like what I see others are like, with the chalk caked on it. I don't get it, as mine seems practically chalkless no matter what I do to it.

2. My "old" slick version, that I am 10% better at than on the new version, turns out, has 1/8th of an inch more of a base than my new one. Five fingers, at 1/8th of an inch, creates more "surface" to grasp. Dr. Strossen probably would like to scream at me, but I have wondered if the depth of the hub varies a little bit from device to device.

Unreal hubbing!

How's your one hand pinch in comparison to your hub?

With the euro pinch (I think it is around 58-60mm) I've hit 84 lbs. If I use the Ironmind pinch block, it can be 100-110 lbs. I'm close to also getting 80 lbs on the ttk with 2 hands.

Forgot to mention, this is only for 1 hand work right now; haven't worked on 2 hand pinching for a while.

Wow, that doesn't make any sense to me.

I would have thought the numbers would be at least equal, or that you had secretly build a monster pinch, too.

But I think with some pinch focus, you should be able to get your pinch up to your hub numbers.

Edited by honk
  • Like 1

Hubbing and pinching well seems to be a rare combo. I can barely hub half of my 1hp. Yet some guys are hubbing more than their 1hp like John. Doesn't make sense but there are only a handful of guys who are elite at both.

Edited by jvance

This is proving to be good motivation to pick up a hub!!

This is proving to be good motivation to pick up a hub!!

You might be able to pick up one in the selling section.

Wow, that doesn't make any sense to me.

I would have thought the numbers would be at least equal, or that you had secretly build a monster pinch, too.

But I think with some pinch focus, you should be able to get your pinch up to your hub numbers.

I haven't spent much time really working the euro before, had it for a couple of months now and couldn't figure out the right way to approach it. The hub on the other hand is something I've been using since 2011; I get on it then stop working it. The most I really did with pinching is with the ttk and the ironmind pinch block.

All I have to do is spend a little time and just work this movement better.