100 Lb Barrier Broken On The Ironmind Hub

John McCarter

The road to 100 lbs has happened! Not happy with just staying here, I will improve this lift and get more.

Road to 50 kg? :D Just saying that number feels insane.. But you are just a few kgs away.. Crazy stuff

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

I hope you will write another book about your training methods!

I might have another book in me one day. :whistel

I remember when 80/90 was thought to be impossible. Congrats on defying the laws of friction and gravity.

Thanks. Nothing is truly impossible when you know it can be done. Like I've said, there will be more weight lifted.

Wonderful job ! I always thought that magic number possible. Does this qualify as a record? Hopefully it does. Is hub new or seasoned old one.

Thanks Richard. I don't know if this is a record but I haven't seen any other video attempts yet. The Hub in the video is the current model bought from Cannon Powerworks. I actually only started re-using it, I believe it was only the 8th or 9th training session I've done it within 3 weeks.

That's an insane amont of weight! Can't watch the video on my phone for some reason, but congratulations on a sick lift!

• Like 1

That's what's up. I'm really happy for you, that's a HUGE, I mean HUGE lift.

Thanks guys! Lifting that weight has just shocked me in so many ways and just getting the feedback from everyone here has really surprised me.

I thought 100 lb. was possible, but I figured it was a ways off, would be done by some kind of genetic freak of nature/large monster, and represented the very top of human potential. I started using the IM Hub 15 years ago, and it was about 10 years ago that I formed those three opinions. Well, been proved wrong on all three counts! Congratulations!

• Like 2

I thought 100 lb. was possible, but I figured it was a ways off, would be done by some kind of genetic freak of nature/large monster, and represented the very top of human potential. I started using the IM Hub 15 years ago, and it was about 10 years ago that I formed those three opinions. Well, been proved wrong on all three counts! Congratulations!

Thank you.

Here is a thread that is more than 9 years old that generated some passionate discussion over the "style" of a teen that worked out at Richard's place, his 80 lb. Hub Lift, 2005:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=15242

Time flies, as it seems like yesterday to me. Can't find the kid's photos, but it really was a "vertical" style lift, and the thread was one of the first to be talking about a "claw" style.

Edited by Hubgeezer
  • Like 1

Here is a thread that is more than 9 years old that generated some passionate discussion over the "style" of a teen that worked out at Richard's place, his 80 lb. Hub Lift, 2005:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=15242

Time flies, as it seems like yesterday to me. Can't find the kid's photos, but it really was a "vertical" style lift, and the thread was one of the first to be talking about a "claw" style.

Thank you for sharing that thread, would have never found it myself. It's great to see where things started to take shape back then.

That's unreal!!!!

The hub is difficult for me so seeing 100+ I can't even get my head around that.

Well done bro!!

Thanks David. I think I've said this before, but my reaction has been the same as everybody else. It took me 2 days to fully understand what I did and let reality set in.

The kid was a part of a family of athletes I have known for years. They were state champion power lifters, football stars up to the pros and the genetics of the men of the family was like supermen.Two brothers benched over 500 raw, one who vas a Citadel grad with bad knee works for us now and with little training pulled a425 double overhand axle . The youngest one Aaron ( we called him Meat) pulled the first time he walked in our gym in street clothes no warmup a 490 at 15 years of age.. By 18 he hang cleaned 405. His grip was amazing. Using not what I would call a doorknob grip he pinched a hub I with fingers as I see in many videos in a straight froward hold but fingers twisted from torque of his grip. He did and we took a picture of him doing a 80-82 when he was 16-17 years of age on the hub.

• Like 1

john, have you ever pulled a plate with weight added? wondering how well things go from the IM hub to an actual plate for you.

john, have you ever pulled a plate with weight added? wondering how well things go from the IM hub to an actual plate for you.

It's been a long time since I've done that; maybe 2 years or so. But I haven't done actual plate hub pinching for sometime.

• 3 weeks later...

Any more improvements on a great lift? Excited to see what can be done!

I did exceed the 103.7 lbs by pulling 122.4 lbs in training. I did not have the camera rolling because I did not think I would get it on film. Only time will tell what can be pulled on Saturday.

• Like 2