World's Most Lucrative Grip Feat

Squeezus

I liked it when the tv dude started to roll the table along in case he dropped it.

That was a great story Mr. Sorin, I wonder if he stopped offering the ingot for the challenge after that :upsidedwn

Jon@han

And I always thought the most lucrative grip feat was getting free dumbbells from an old YMCA and then turning them into two $400 Blobs...

You might be right! :grin:

Lead is a lot lighter than gold. 11.3 g/cm3 for lead gold is 19.3 g/cm3. Hard to belive when you feel the heft of lead.

Wow, that is crazy!
If it was made out of tungsten carbide no one or thing on earth would lift it with one hand lol. My ring is made from it and is far heavier than a gold ring. Much stronger too.

Yeah we use tungsten bucking bars for riveting at work. They are deceivingly heavy given their size and work much better than steel.

Osmium is 22.59, but costs $400 for a troy ounce (31 grams), making one KG of Osmium $12,000 (roughly). Pure Gold is 19.3, and Pure Tungsten is 19.25, so almost imperceptibly different. Tungsten is also much cheaper, at around $32 per KG. For any grip enthusiast trying to make a 'Gold Bar' lift with almost the same dimensions, Tungsten really is your only choice.

Uranium is also similar in density to Gold and Tungsten, but I doubt you'd want to touch it.

• Like 1

Smiled to see Chris Rice comment. So very glad to see something I found broken and recycled into a cornerstone of Grip history. I feel proud the item has been embraced and valued. I bought quite a few, and gave a very few away , I never sold a Blob ever ,kinda like a good child to me. It has become a great feat ,tool ,and a right of passage into the grip world shakers. The words still linger on the second "Brother"half of the original Fat man ,"What man can lift me"

• Like 1