Loadable Inch Dumbbell Overheads + Stuff

Ivan Beritashvili

June 27th, 2015
Excellent single arm overhead session!

1) 53 kg / 117 lb dumbbell [60 mm handle] clean and double press;
2) 55,5 kg / 122 lb dumbbell [60 mm handle] clean and press;
3) 60,5 kg / 133 lb dumbbell [60 mm handle] clean and double push-press;
4) 84x4 mm rubber loop press with off-hand (claimed 30-78 kg / 66-172 lb).

Standing barbell press training gave decent carryover to single arm work.

• Like 6

Heck yeah!

Great video Ivan, very impressive displays of strength all-around!

That was pretty sweet!!!

I can't remember where it was but in one of IM's products they had a picture of a dude in a kilt one arm pressing a monster spring cable set -it looked like more springs then were in a mattress!!! Nice to live in an era where we have safer rubber bands to work with. Man, you forget that handle is over 2" watching you hoist it from the floor like nothing!!!

Jon@han

Damn Ivan! Awesome video

That band looked seriously hard. Awesome progress ivan!

Thanks Josh!

That was pretty sweet!!!

I can't remember where it was but in one of IM's products they had a picture of a dude in a kilt one arm pressing a monster spring cable set -it looked like more springs then were in a mattress!!! Nice to live in an era where we have safer rubber bands to work with. Man, you forget that handle is over 2" watching you hoist it from the floor like nothing!!!

Jon@han

Thank you Jonathan! yes, rubber band is very tough to press, cuz vibration rapidly changes direction of force application, that's why it is so brutal for shoulder stabilizators.

Thick handle 60,5 kg clean was a submax result, I guess 63 kg is my max now.

Damn Ivan! Awesome video

Thank you, brother! Violently fighting against my sissiness :flowers:

Edited by Ivan Beritashvili
  • Like 1

Impressive

A tip for what it is worth put a lighter second collar backup, a thick doubled over jammer rubber band to halt the first collar and jam it if it stops,or drill safety holes on end of bar and insert cotter pin as used years ago with Bur barbells. Sounds odd...... Using any of those three ideas can save your life, career, and face.

• Like 1

A tip for what it is worth put a lighter second collar backup, a thick doubled over jammer rubber band to halt the first collar and jam it if it stops,or drill safety holes on end of bar and insert cotter pin as used years ago with Bur barbells. Sounds odd...... Using any of those three ideas can save your life, career, and face.

Richard, thank you for your tips. I will give them to people who possess threadless loadable dumbbells.

Don't worry about me, dumbbell has a deep screw-thread and collars are giant nuts. Plates will never get off it. Also, when tightened, they make this apparatus a monolith tool, without ANY rotation of plates around the pin.

Great ! Hate to see anyone overlook a simple safety suggestion that could cause serious injury. Sounds like you have it covered , all the best!