Pennsylvania King Kong Venue

Jedd Johnson

I am posting to announce that I will be holding a leg of the King Kong of Grip in Wyalusing PA.

In addition to the regular 4 events, there will be a 5th done at the end, #3 Silver Bullet Hold.

We will do the first 4 events the same as everyone else:

• One Hand Pinch Deadlift (Euro Device)
  • One Hand Axle Deadlift (Ironmind Apollon's Axle)
  • Ironmind Hub
  • Ironmind Little Big Horn

Once complete, we will then tackle the Silver Bullet.

• Like 2

Great stuff!

For the Silver Bullet, will you be using a #3 rated at a particular level?

Great stuff!

For the Silver Bullet, will you be using a #3 rated at a particular level?

Oh thats an interesting question how would that play into a record also? Is this potentially why it's not a recorded lift for NAGS? I believe I was reading in the 140# 3 thread that ben crush mentioned he had a #3 around 137 which is quite rare but say compared to a mid/high 150 #3 is pretty huge. Its a fun event to end with though at the last contest I did I think the #3 hold and the plate holds were the favorite events among most people including myself.

Not to put this in negative perspective at all I just can see the thread already if jedd breaks the record and the rating of the gripper is called into question.

Edited by Stephen Ruby

My understanding is it has to be a brand new #3 every time.

This being the case, will the event be tracked by NAGS once again? Or will any potential records be recognized by Ironmind? If not, I probably wouldn't bother with using a brand new gripper.

The Silver Bullet is only being done for IronMind's records, big guy. I really feel on the right day I can have a chance at the record.

I have gotten the OK from IronMind to run the event to gun for the record.

• Like 2

Thanks. We shall see.

Please post if you are planning to compete.

Right now I have the following confirmed:

Brent Barbe

Josh Henza

Luke Raymond

Jedd Johnson

Possibles:

Frank DeLuca

The Silver Bullet is only being done for IronMind's records, big guy. I really feel on the right day I can have a chance at the record.

I have gotten the OK from IronMind to run the event to gun for the record.

You did really well on he 3.5 hold for gripmonsers challenge so I think you have a good shot. Good luck though!

Edited by Stephen Ruby

how do you start the silver bullet hold? is the plate of the floor and you stand up?

also, is it 5k or 5#?

Gripmonster challenges required the 2.5kg (5.5#) plate to be picked up from the floor but for the IM record I think it can be on a bench...as per Randall!

Judging by rule #5, it seems as though you can insert the Silver Bullet while standing, as it states the clock starts once only hand is holding the gripper in place, rather than when the plate leaves the floor.

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/_2011/CoC-Silver-Bullet-Rules-World-Records

It is 2.5 kilos. You can kneel down and insert on the floor, or pick it up off the floor and put it in, or have it resting on a bench and place it that way.

Time begins once the silver bullet is in the gripper, the other hand is off, and the weight is off the floor.

Also, the gripper must remain vertical. If it tilts, the judge will tell you to lower it, elevate it, etc.

Let me know if any other questions.

Jedd

ok. thank you. I don't think where the weight starts will make a huge difference but I didn't want to practice it wrong for no reason.

Don't blame you. Like Luke said, Randall said it was ok to start with the weight on a bench. He did say however that you can't have someone hand the silver bullet to you or anything like that. It all has to be under your own power.

• 3 weeks later...

It's looking like more and more I'll be here. I'll throw you an email looking for hotel/motel info and a definate yes/no about a month out.

There's a really nice bed and breakfast a few miles away dude. I try to funnel people there. A bit cheaper too. Would that interest you bro?

• Like 1

There's a really nice bed and breakfast a few miles away dude. I try to funnel people there. A bit cheaper too. Would that interest you bro?

Hell yea it would. I have to stay somewhere. My car is not fun for long drives and changing gears with dead hands is no bueno.

EJ that bed and breakfast is awesome we stay there all the time

That's what's up. Never stayed at a B&B

It has been a while since I talked with them, so i do not recall the prices. Def hit up Chris (Tank Andrade) and he can get you the speicfics.

I do recall that if we can rent all 4 main rooms, they can open up the 5th room, but I don't remember the prices...

I will second that the BB is a nice place. also close enough to jedd's that it isn't any inconvenience at all.

think its about $115.00 a night and if you fill all the rooms its a little less. Best home fries on the planet.

• Like 1

Brent, you actually stayed at a different Bed and Breakfast in Towanda. These guys have been staying at a place even closer to my house, only like 4 or 5 miles away that opened up in the area within the last couple of years. Much less noise at this new one.

. Best home fries on the planet.

Whoa, that is a bold statement sir.

So what's the name of this place? Anybody?

• Like 2