Ghp Level 5

Codemaster01

Hey guys. Just wanted to do a small review on my new (to me) level 5.

All I can say is wow, such high quality, the knurling is top notch. IMHO, I think this should be the industry standard for quality. Don't get me wrong, I love my ironmind products, but these grippers take it up a couple of notches!

BTW, out of the package I can juuuuust barely get it to parallel, still a long way to go!

Edited by Codemaster01
  • Like 4

Yes they are great quality.

I'm far from expert on gripper training but my advice is to do good warmup, maybe use chalk if you are trying your goal gripper, and post a video here so you can get feedback from the experts and stay motivated. Gripper training requires a lot of persistence and willpower IMO. And it gets addictive.

• Like 1

If you are just starting, learn how to put grippers down as they can be very addictive in the beginning, very easy to overtrain!

Good luck!

• Like 3

I will pick a ghp over and IM gripper any day. In fact I like them so much I used a ghp7 over a CoC 3 for my MM0 cert.

• Like 2

The GHP are top notch, perfect knurling, wiiiiide spread adn really nice looking too.

• 1 year later...

Definitely agree. I picked up a pre rated GHP5 from cannon power and I am truly impressed. My new favorite. 

GHP knurling is very sharp....just the way I like it!!  Don't know how anyone would rather use smoother grippers.  The more "bite" to the gripper, the more confidence I have setting it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If it doesn't make your hands bleed, the knurling if likely not enough.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I also just received my new level 5 and with no warm ups I can nearly close it in both hands so I'm feeling really confident that it will be checked off my list soon. As for the quality WOW I was shocked at how great it was. I always thought the iron minds were the standard but these things are surgical grade! Looking to get on the Mash Monster pyramid as well as certify on the COC3 this year. Can't wait to see what happens as really get into grip training!

• 2 months later...

Once your skin adapts these grippers are the way to go.  Ironmind grippers actually feel slippery once you get used to these.  Although i found chalking the gripper itself in addition to my hands helps.  The skin toughness it builds also xarried over well to other implements for me

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...