One Hand Fat Gripz 190# @ 186bw

jvance

Been chasing this one a while- hoping i can drop to 182 and pull 200+ on the axle if i make King Kong

• Like 2

Nice job. You just gave me another thing to try on the manus grips. Would you guys say the between the leg way is easier then one hand and facing the bar?

It very much depends on your individual levers and preference.

Also, correct centering of the bar is a big technical requirement in this lift, so you need an idea of the exact center of your bar.

From there, you need to experiment and figure out which part of your hand should be contacting the center.

For me, bar in front gives the best results. Eric lifts between his legs and it looks a lot cooler.

But my optimal technique was very hard to find, and I think this is a difficult lift to learn.

Thanks guys, been really focusing on thickbar and bodyweight ratio. It's a good feeling when I can drop ten pounds and add to my overall strength. I really would like set some new marks in the 83kg class and it looks like I'm on track. I just hope I can make it to the Ft Worth leg.

• Like 1

Like i said jon, you're one of the most underrated guys in the grip game, and i have a feeling come the KK you're gonna turn some heads brother

Thanks Yori and Anthony, those are kind words for sure. I still think of myself as a new guy who's still got a lot to learn. Need to get my hub up to par and I got a good shot at a high overall finish. Right now low 50s doesn't cut it anymore on that thing.

Great lift buddy. your progress is second to none. keep up the good work! :)

Thanks Alex, Ill keep training hard fo sho

Thanks Geralt! really think i can get 200#+ plus on this thing soon as well as axle.. the key is bringing up the left.. it's about 10-15# behind.. glad it made you wanna train!

• Like 1

Okay so I have respect for this lift. I tried it today after I did some manus grip deadlifts using both hands and I tried the way you did between the legs and only got 185 a little past half way up and lost it.

Good work!

Thanks Crusher, sometimes FG or manus lifts can vary depending on the size and sleeve spin of the bar... Hard to compare apples to apples. I suspect even axle lifts vary depending on the inner hub texture of the plates, how tightly they fit, etc. rotation strength can be affected by those factors and rotation is what makes these thickbar lifts difficult. *according to capt obvious lol

• Like 1

Do you have the Fat Gripz Extreme and have you tried alternating between them?

I have only the Extremez and man they have helped alot. Just getting the regular ones now ( I hope).

And congrats at reaching your milestone.

S/F,

CEYA!

thanks Ceya, i don't have the FGX... i have a variety of different diameter dumbbell handles and barbells so i get a good variety between 2"-3.5".. those extreme would be great for gym rat grip guys who don't have a lot of stuff to work with at home... i can see why the FGs help so much though, you can build so much thickbar strength from just throwing them on dumbbells at the gym and doing rows..

sometimes the simple routines yield the best results and (i do this all the time) reinventing the wheel doesn't get you anywhere but scratching your head

So true , simple things do work. That is why I still do the basic stuff . You always start from the basic to build up .

so much

I was just comparing between FG and FGX, as since you using tthe FG already. Did not know if you had both of them.

S/F,

CEYA!