The Long Road Back ...

ChrisJames

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Been hoping for something like this for a long time. For most new people to the board, please watch this thread and be prepared to be amazed. Chris has the potential to be, and possibly already is, one of the strongest people in grip..period. So low-key and does not get enough talk about him when the greats are mentioned. Hope to see some amazing things Chris and hope you have everything in life sorted out for the better.

• Like 3

Monday 1st December,

Great to be back on the board and in the gym , my garage. I'm down to 196 lbs now and have been in and out of hospital but hopefully on the mend.

My children have been marvellous in their support and they're my inspiration.

Barbell curls ... Up to 90 kg x 3

Rolling Thunder curls .. Up to 40kg x 3

Reverse curls... Up to 60kg x 5

Rolling Thunder wrist curls ... Up to 50kg x 10

Gorilla grip machine ... Up to 120kg x 10

Weighted leg raises ... 5 sets of 20

Welcome Chris '! You have always had my respect and amazing feats mastery you have clearly demonstrated over the years.

Edited by 1stCoC

Welcome back Chris!

196lbs, wow! Much different from all those videos you were posting about a year ago with out-of-this-world one-hand deadlifts, thickbar bench-presses and other lifts.

I hope you get healthy and can continue to amaze and inspire the world with your amazing feats of strength by pleasing us with awesome videos as you were doing last time! :) Best of luck!

Thanks for bringing back the log, definitely a favorite of mine! Glad to see you back and can't wait to see how your training is going.

Wait a minute...you are the guy deadlifting 260kg with one hand and was casually honking your nose afterwards...like it wasn't special at all lol....Oh boy oh boy oh boy haha Well always good to come back and have fun with training.

I'm going to sit here and watch ok.

WOW!!! I watched the videos. The 260 KG one hand deadlift is unbeliveable! I am relatively new. What happend to you?

• Like 1

Thank you for all your kind words. I will be putting up more videos as I get stronger or deem worthy of the gripboard !!

I have 4 new training partners , my two sons, Daniel and Evan and my two dogs , one 8 month American Bulldog named Alexi( after Vasilli Alexeyev) and A Blue Staffordshire bull terrier named Kazmaier.

Daniel is 19 year old , 6'6 and 294 lbs and Evan is 14 years old weighing about 170 lbs and 6'1 1/2 .

Daniel has already shut a No 3 , and his current goal is deadlifting the Thomas Inch. Evan has clean and jerked 80 kg on an axle but I mainly have him doing bodyweight exercises, like Fat Gripz chins and dips. The dogs just like running around you especially during a lift !!

• Like 2

You are so strong, that we're content reading about your dog's training, really.

Reading about your sons is already more than enough.

Reading about your feats is anyone's highlight of their day.

But watching your feats on video.... priceless.

:D

I tried editing the above post but couldn't, I wanted to add this:

Edit: I just realized this could be interpreted as trolling, but believe me when I say I just wrote it as a way to express huge admiration. And your oldest son sounds like a beast by the way! The good genes must help I bet. I hope you get back all your strength and beyond.

Looking forward to this log..wish you a good recovery and yours sons are something else :blink

Tuesday 2nd December ,

Middle fingers clean ... Up to 80kg

Chins ... Up to 5 x 40kg

Dips ... Up to 5 x 40 kg

Inverted pull ups ... 5 x 10

Ring push ups .. 5 x 20

Thomas Inch dumbbell high pulls ... 5 singles

My son Daniel did 3 deadlifts with Thomas Inch dumbbell by stopping rotation with one finger of opposite hand. Well done Dan , won't be long !!

• Like 2

Friday 5th December,

Middle finger clean... Up to 82.5 kg

Index finger deadlift ..up to 90 kg

Rolling Thunder wrist curl .. Up to 52.5 kg x 10

Pinch block deadlift ... Up to 35 kg

• Like 2

Sunday 7th December ,

Snatch grip 2" bar deadlifts ... Up to 180kg

Fat Gripz chins 2 3/4 in ... Up to 20 k x 5

EZ curl .... Up to 90kg x 3

Reverse curl ... Up to 60kg x 5

Rolling thunder wrist curl .. Up to 52.5 kg x 10

• Like 1

Hey Chris!

Hi Chris,

Very exciting to see you logging here. Last year you did some of the most awesome feats of gripstrenght EVER. Good luck on your road back to full strenght! Although seeing your numbers now it seems you are already stronger than most of us mere mortals. I'm mean a 180kg deadlift on 2" bar with a snatch grip? Wow.

Are you only going to post your grip related workouts or also other stuff? I think I saw you bench pressing 600lbs so...

Also how do you perform the Rolling thunder wrist curls? Do you attach it to a cable machine? Or do you just hand some weights on it using chains or whatever?

Hiya Mudhutmasher,

I'd love to try armwrestling. I don't think there is an armwrestling club in Wales at the moment. My son Daniel loves armwrestling and I'm thinking of starting a club up myself so we can compete against English clubs. Thank you for your kind words. John Brzenk is a hero of mine and we love Pulling John and Arm Wars.

• Like 1

Hello Royz,

The Rolling Thunder handle is attached o a carabiner and pin with free weights, wrist and forearm on the knee. Hope this helps x

Great to see you logging again Chris! You are a huge inspiration to others, look forward to reading this log and watching the videos. I wish you the best with health and iron.

Monday 8th December,

COC grippers.... Up to No 3 x 5 singles no set

Rolling Thunder wrist curls .. Up to 55kg x 10

Reverse wrist curls ... Up to 30kg x 10

Judo session for 2 hours

Got home and did 501 push ups , 250 leg raises.

Wednesday 10th December,

Power Snatch on 2.6 in barbell .. Up to 90 kg

Power clean on 2.6 in barbell .. Up to 120 kg

High pull on 2.6 in barbell.. Up to 140 kg

Deadlift on 2.6 in barbell... Up to 180 kg

Weighted sit ups

• Like 1