8mm X 7 Inch Drill Rod In Bbws (465 Lbs)

Chez

I have only bent a couple pieces of steel in the last year (very far a part time wise) so I'm happy I'm above this baseline. I bent a 500 lb golden bastard at my grip comp a couple months ago. This was after a long grip training session. I plan on coming back to bending once I knock some grip goals out of the way. I know this isn't a great bend at all. I was only playing with Mike Sharkey in the video since we are friends and he thought I would struggle with the kink on this since the kink has always been a weak point for me. Felt good to slay some steel again.

• Like 6

I have to be honest, with that music playing I was expecting you to fist pump and yell Jäger Bombs!!

That's a very respectable bend, don't down play it. Hulk Smash!!

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 1

Great bend bro, was awesome to see you guys bending some crazy stuff. Btw, all that muscle and you can't handle a rubber band? Ahahahaha

• Like 3

thanks fellas. Biggest surprised was my flexibility felt pretty good (for me). I struggle with that big time so it was shocking that after not bending for a while I have been able to get the bar under my chin the best I ever have.

Good job chez. Did that say .309? Is that O drill rod?

I just asked Mike and he said it isn't a letter. The size is just 8mm. I don't know much about drill rod. I'm use to letter sizes myself. He gave me some harder stuff so I may attempt it in the next couple weeks.

Yes .309 is correct for 8mm

.312 is 5/16 and 5/16 is a hair bigger.

So O is bigger than 5/16" by a decent amount but EJ you said O usually rates 440ish only?? That's why I was confused

Honestly, I'm impressed with your flexibility. I knew you'd have no trouble with the sweep and crush, but the kink looked very easy.

This is O-1 type drill rod. There is A-1, W-1 and I think a few others. The designation has to do with the hardening process. I know O-1 is oil hardened. A-1 is expensive.

Very good bend considering you don't do it regularly. You could definitely bend a 500#+ bar in these wraps imo. Maybe try some Irongrip stock? I'm a little confused by the analogy of ratings, but look for something like 175-195kg?

Way to easy for you Chez!

Thanks for checking it out David. Your bends are always super impressive.

Very good bend considering you don't do it regularly. You could definitely bend a 500#+ bar in these wraps imo. Maybe try some Irongrip stock? I'm a little confused by the analogy of ratings, but look for something like 175-195kg?

I may do some of those certs in the future. I think one of the reasons I stopped bending was the lack of motivation without incremental certs since bender's battlefield and FBBC shut down.

• Like 1

Yes .309 is correct for 8mm

.312 is 5/16 and 5/16 is a hair bigger.

Super bend there.

Actually I think 8mm is .315 (actually .31496) which would be just slightly bigger than 5/16 which is .3125 or 7.9375 mm. They're super close though.

• Like 1

Great bend man! Smoked it!

And im in agreement with Shark. Your flexibility for kinking looks better than ever.

Thanks Tommy. Mike gave me a 600 lb rated 6 inch piece also. I may try it in doubles next Saturday after the King Kong grip comp.

• Like 1