2Hp Inserts

Mikael Siversson

May I suggest that manufacturers of Euro 2HP sets for competition offer 4x10mm, 2x8mm and 2x6mm inserts.

This would allow for 2mm jumps in width all the way from sub 40mm to 68mm. There is no reason why we should settle for uneven jumps (eg. 58 or 64mm but nothing in-between).

Organisers would of course still have to limit the number of widths on offer but it seems odd to disadvantage people with an optimal width around 60-62mm for example.

I am aware of that David Horne (in consultation with me) introduced these widths originally but there was never any intention to ban certain pinch widths.

Sounds fair enough

Could the contestant just bring their own single weirdo thin spacer to get the incremental width they want? If it's the right material and size I don't see how that could be a problem except to slow down the comp.

This was brought up at the end of NY Grip 3.

If people knew their size it would be better to set up.

I think what ever your size is , everybody who competes should get their fair share .

I think Chez's set up is good to go and having the printouts with sizes and weight listed too.

S/F,

CEYA!

I have an odd ball 2mm spacer that I played with looking for something that didn't tear up my thumbs. I don't see an issue as long as I know in advance to have all the weights figured out.