New York Grip Throw Down 3

Chez

The contest is definitely still on. I saw that Chez was on vacation, so he might not respond right away. I'm not sure about location. It might be somewhere within the discussion.

Thanks Jedd, really looking forward to meeting the legend and everyone. I have always been an adrenalin junky love to compete. Awesome sport will be learning everything there is because I know nothing but learn fast. Ready to pay my dues in this grip sport after paying a few in powerlifting. Doing both now, hold DL record in drug usapl for 30 years @ 181 bw 660 and 1500 total. with gym lifts of 650 squat, 670 DL and 350 bp. I hope to get some workouts together with some of you local guys down the road.

• Like 2

Great News Chez, Hey is this contest still on for April 18th. I see that you will either be having it in Carmel or Katonah. I am very interested and I might have a couple of other newbies also. I am new to gripping but been powerlifting for over 30 years and this sport sounds great and I live in Putnam valley.Please let me know where your contest is, thank you.

The contest is definitely still on. I saw that Chez was on vacation, so he might not respond right away. I'm not sure about location. It might be somewhere within the discussion.

Thanks Jedd. I just got back from vacation today. I was on a cruise for the week and I didn't have cell phone or internet access.

Ironman - I'll PM you tonight with the details once I get settled.

Thanks Jedd, really looking forward to meeting the legend and everyone. I have always been an adrenalin junky love to compete. Awesome sport will be learning everything there is because I know nothing but learn fast. Ready to pay my dues in this grip sport after paying a few in powerlifting. Doing both now, hold DL record in drug usapl for 30 years @ 181 bw 660 and 1500 total. with gym lifts of 650 squat, 670 DL and 350 bp. I hope to get some workouts together with some of you local guys down the road.

Sounds awesome bro.

Chez there's a rumor you bent all the forks and spoons on that ship due to grip withdrawal. Don't bother unpacking, just start deadlifting your suitcase.Time is Muscle!

• Like 2

Chez there's a rumor you bent all the forks and spoons on that ship due to grip withdrawal. Don't bother unpacking, just start deadlifting your suitcase.Time is Muscle!Tr

haha. Lets just say I am now banned from Norwegian Cruises. I have to add it to the list of other places I am banned from like Chuck E. Cheese.

Going to make a few updates in this thread tonight. Needed time to get settled last night.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

Updated gripper list:

1) COC Sport = 39

2) COC Sport = 45.3

3) COC Trainer = 56.2

4) GHP 2 = 59

5) COC #.5 = 71.2

6) COC #1 = 77 (Chris Andrade)

7) COC #1 = 81 (Chris Andrade)

8) COC #1 = 83.3

9) GHP 3 = 85 (Chris Andrade)

10) COC #1.5 = 91.2

11) COC #1.5 = 93 (Chris Andrade)

12) GHP 4 = 96

13) COC #2 = 102 (Chris Andrade)

14) COC #2 = 108.9

15) COC #2 = 110 (Chris Andrade)

16) COC #2 = 112.7

17) GHP 5 = 118.9

18) BBSM = 119 (Chris Andrade)

19) BBSM = 123 (Chris Andrade)

20) COC #2.5 = 127 (Chris Andrade)

21) RB 210 = 128.9

22) COC #2.5 = 133.4

23) RB 240 = 136.5

24) GHP 6 = 137.5

25) COC #3 = 140

26) COC #3 = 141

27) COC #3 = 144

28) GHP 7 = 147.2

29) COC #3 = 149.2

30) COC #3 = 153

31) COC #3 = 154 (Luke)

32) GHP 7 = 158 (Luke)

33) MM1 = 160

34) BBE = 165.3

35) COC #3.5 = 167

36) BBE = 171.5

37) RB 280 = 174

38) MM3 = 176.05

39) COC #3.5 = 179.7

40) RB 330 = 182.3

41) MM3 = 185.8

42) MM5 = 189.85

43) MM3 = 192

44) BBSE = 194.45

45) BBGE = 197.84

Updated Paid List:

Anthony Clarino

Brian Burgos

Chez - I will put the money in for prizes

Amber Edwards

Andrew O'Leary

Christopher Andrade

Jedd Johnson

Josh Henze

John Stepien

- I know of several other people coming who haven't paid yet. If you are able to, please send the money before the competition. Thanks.

PM me for the competition location. The location is a personal residence so I don't want to list it publicly.

Chez,I am not on pc much due my schedule. How do I contact you for address and payment for contest. Should we exchange emails? If you are on grip board tonight after 8:30pm I can get your PM, thanks.

30) COC #3 = 153

31) COC #3 = 154 (Luke)

Is there anything remarkable about these grippers, like spread, hard set, etc.?

I have a few things I need to get done.(well, try anyway)

"Gripper: Close Level 13 Gold on the Vulcan or 150# Gripper Close (parallel or 20-mm Block Set)"

30) COC #3 = 153

31) COC #3 = 154 (Luke)

"Gripper: Close Level 13 Gold on the Vulcan or 150# Gripper Close (parallel or 20-mm Block Set)"

Looking forward to meeting you in person bro!

• Like 1

30) COC #3 = 153

31) COC #3 = 154 (Luke)

If that's Luke Raymond's #3, there's nothing crazy about it at all. He bought it used and I rated it.

30) COC #3 = 153

31) COC #3 = 154 (Luke)

The 153 lb COC #3 is my COC certification #3..............that makes it pretty dam remarkable. J/K. Nothing out of the ordinary with it.

• Like 1

Chez,I am not on pc much due my schedule. How do I contact you for address and payment for contest. Should we exchange emails? If you are on grip board tonight after 8:30pm I can get your PM, thanks.

Hey dude. I just responded to your PM. PM through the gripboard works best for me. I usually respond to all my PMs at night after work.

Squeezed on the #3 of Luke's last night. It is a bit wide. I guess I'd forgotten.

• Like 1

Hey Chez when you have the chance please send me the info for submitting the entry fee.

awesome. I thought you were injured and wouldn't be able to make it. Look forward to seeing you again. I'll PM you tonight.

Im still not 100% but, i don't want to miss out on a chance to get together with everyone. Besides, it'll be great competition practice!

• Like 2

Updated Paid List:

Anthony Clarino

Brian Burgos

Chez - I will put the money in for prizes

Amber Edwards

Andrew O'Leary

Christopher Andrade

Jedd Johnson

Josh Henze

John Stepien

Jerry Szigethy

I still know of more people coming who haven't paid. Looking like a great turn out.

Received a couple of donated prizes from sponsors Todd Conen and Josh Henze this week:

Prizes

2 other guys told me they are donating as well and I'm going to buy cannon power work gift cards with the entry fees so there should be lots of good stuff for people.
  • Like 1

Just shouting out to the guys going to the New York Throw down. Really looking forward to meeting you all and wanted to ask if any of you have any variety of blobs for sale. I am just starting my collection and looking to expand or open to any suggestions. I started a hole group of guys going to the Association of Old time Barbell & Strongmen annual diner in NJ. any of you guys ever go if not if is a great chance to meet a lot of legends, its a blast.

Chez,

There's a chance three other dudes are gonna be coming with Luke and me. Eli Thomas, Mike Hagios, and Mike Chaffee. We were discussing on Facebook last night.

Also, a question for you. Is there going to be a barbell and cage where we compete to get some warm-ups going prior to the comp?

Thanks,

Jedd

• Like 1

There's a chance three other dudes are gonna be coming with Luke and me. Eli Thomas, Mike Hagios, and Mike Chaffee. We were discussing on Facebook last night.

That is great. Looking like a huge turn out.

Also, a question for you. Is there going to be a barbell and cage where we compete to get some warm-ups going prior to the comp?

Yep, there will be a place to do squats. My friend Andrew just bought a squat/bench set up. Its in his basement where we will be competing. We are doing the comp in the basement because his garage will likely be very cold (remember that year we used his garage for the king kong comp and its was freezing).

Edited by Chez

Oh crap THE Eli Thomas is coming!!!

I confirmed today that the location is set for Carmel NY. If anyone needs the address, PM me and I will give it to you.

One more thing, Its looking like it could be possible for us to have 20 people competing which is an amazing turn out. Because of this, I have decided to drop the medley to make sure we finish at a decent time. This way we can focus on our lifts for the big 3 events and not feel rushed. If anyone wants to bring anything for people to try after the comp, please feel free.

Edited by Chez