More Gold Nail With Small Pr

EJ Livesey

Took this to around 70-80 degrees in doubles and crushed it the rest of the way in IMPs. Not too painful and didn't suck too bad. i plan to attempt a 40-45 degree crush down soon, so keep looking. my flexibility is still awful and really needs to be addressed. after seeing how close i really am i will be bending more often and getting into a regiment.

Enjoy

BTW video is set to unlisted.

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 15

You really did struggled to get that under your chin man you really should bend more like you said!

Very jealous of your kink strength. You will get a gold in singles soon!

You really did struggled to get that under your chin man you really should bend more like you said!

Very jealous of your kink strength. You will get a gold in singles soon!

Yea it was a struggle. I've gained a little bit on my arms and that isn't helping either. But I have a plan to work around my bi's and open my shoulders up. Now, I have to break down the science and mechanics of this bend to see where the issue is. It's time to study my videos and work on a program. I use my back and neck almost 100% for the kink. A strong back and neck will get you a strong kink. Watch from 2:15 to 2:30 you will see everything tense up and me push my shoulders forward, relax and the bar is bent. Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 2

I find it very useful filming my form and studying it. It's just the first 30degrees which has been stopping me, after that I can blast through the rest of the bend. Heavy rows maybe?

I find it very useful filming my form and studying it. It's just the first 30degrees which has been stopping me, after that I can blast through the rest of the bend. Heavy rows maybe?

I do a few variations of rows. Very very heavy. It's built my back up but tightened my shoulders up. I'm thinking more along the lines of wide grip bench, half range DB flies, wide push-ups, rubber band work and cable cross overs.

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 1

That was a great bend EJ! Wow! Strong! That 2nd hit was just so, so powerful. Love it bro.

Side note - one exercise I used religiously during some of my bending runs was a paused bench press off a block. Basically lower the bar to the block, pause and release the tension from the bar, then reload and explode. By doing this it takes away from the stretch-shortening cycle and for me mimics bending which is almost solely a concentric muscular contraction. Also bottom up bench presses from pins does the same thing.

Love watching Golds go down! Congrats EJ, hell of a bend.

Nothing to see here folks, just 258 pounds of pure man killing golds.

:bow

Edited by Anthony C.
  • Like 1

Absolute killer bending!!

Love seeing your progress E.J....keeps me motivated to continue my own bending...thanks brother!!

World class man.

nuff said.

That was a great bend EJ! Wow! Strong! That 2nd hit was just so, so powerful. Love it bro.

Side note - one exercise I used religiously during some of my bending runs was a paused bench press off a block. Basically lower the bar to the block, pause and release the tension from the bar, then reload and explode. By doing this it takes away from the stretch-shortening cycle and for me mimics bending which is almost solely a concentric muscular contraction. Also bottom up bench presses from pins does the same thing.

Love watching Golds go down! Congrats EJ, hell of a bend.

thats great advice sean. i will try it for sure sounds like it will help with my flexibility issues

:rock:rock:rock:rock

LOL thanks for checking it out homie

Nothing to see here folks, just 258 pounds of pure man killing golds.

:bow

thanks bro

Absolute killer bending!!

Love seeing your progress E.J....keeps me motivated to continue my own bending...thanks brother!!

keep up doing what youre doing you are getting pretty damn strong bro

World class man.

nuff said.

thanks Nate but i doubt its world class. im sure its been done before

EJ you are getting very close, congratulations! Epic bend!

thanks brother. i need to really focus on this gold thing

Hell yeah, E.J.!!!!!

thanks bro. it means a lot to me that you checked it out

Beast.

thanks sharkey, not beast yet, but i hope very soon

Strong stuff EJ!!

hey thanks Nick. i appreciate you checking it out

Strong stuff there EJ...you can do this!!!

Strong stuff there EJ...you can do this!!!

Thanks bro. It's going to be a hell of a journey, that's for sure.

If you get onto a regiment working with this it will melt in IMPs in no time.

That's the plan. I need to cert this frickin thing. I'm tired of having this on my "to-do" list

Killer bend dude! Even tho getting into position looked tough for a second, those first hits were powerful man. There is no lack in the strength department there. Honestly, i think as soon as your more flexible, it will only be a matter of time before you cert this. So stay with it! You got this!

Thanks bro. The flexibility issue is being worked on as we speak. Hopefully it will be a non-issue in a month or two. Then it's onto toughening my fingers. I have to do this.

• Like 1

Well done you destroyed that bar for sure.

That's the plan. I need to cert this frickin thing. I'm tired of having this on my "to-do" list

Killer bend dude! Even tho getting into position looked tough for a second, those first hits were powerful man. There is no lack in the strength department there. Honestly, i think as soon as your more flexible, it will only be a matter of time before you cert this. So stay with it! You got this!

Thanks bro. The flexibility issue is being worked on as we speak. Hopefully it will be a non-issue in a month or two. Then it's onto toughening my fingers. I have to do this.

I'm interested to know what you'll be doing for flexibility!

Nice work EJ!! Glad to see you're back at the Gold again. I'd love to see you be the first to cert it.

Powerful bending!

I agree with Tommy. Every indication is you CAN and WILL do it.

• Like 1

Well done my friend. I really hope you'll get it and be the first to cert