Acorn Child Grippers

Brett H

I just wanted to post a little review of the child-size grippers I received on Sat. from Aaron (acorn). I've also included some pictures I took using my scanner. I received a T5 (.125, #15) T6 (.156, #36), T8 (.187, #72), and a C6 (.224, #77)

post-6005-0-02829600-1435618237_thumb.jp

T8 , C6, and a Tetting SA for size comparison (pretty close in strength as well as the CPW avg for the Super Advanced is #84)

post-6005-0-63537000-1435618255_thumb.jp

Same as above with quarter for better size comparison

post-6005-0-86721700-1435618272_thumb.jp

T8, C6, T6 and T5

post-6005-0-11601800-1435618274_thumb.jp

C6 handle ends

post-6005-0-89554800-1435618274_thumb.jp

T8 handle ends

First, I just want to note that unlike most (if not all) of the other grippers currently produced, these grippers are crafted completely from scratch. Every aspect of the process is done in house. Aaron winds his own springs and "bakes" them as well as cutting, knurling and drilling his own handles. The springs were lubricated prior to shipping and he even RGC'd them!

Upon first look at these grippers they bring to mind a miniature version of a Tetting gripper minus the roll pins. The handles on these grippers are glued very nicely with very little gap at all where the spring fits into the handle. The knurling is very much like the Tetting knurling and they are stamped on the handle ends as well. The sizing is very suitable for the designated ages. Overall, these are just a first-class work of craftsmanship. I even purchased a couple for myself just as a collectible gripper.

But, the real test for me was my kid's reaction. My 7 yr. daughter and 4 yr. old son were both very excited when the mail showed up on Sat. My 7 yr. old just missed on her few attempts on the T5 only a minute later to come running out of the bedroom screaming "Daddy, I got it with the other hand!", as she proceeded to show me another TNS close with the left hand. Since then, my 4 yr. old has asked for the gripper first thing in the morning because he doesn't like being upstaged by his sister. This was definitely the best part of it all!

These grippers are definitely a must-have for anyone wanting to share their passion for grip strength with their children and a cool addition to any gripper collection as well!

Edited by Brett H
  • Like 15

I just wanted to post a little review of the child-size grippers I received on Sat. from Aaron (acorn). I've also included some pictures I took using my scanner. I received a T5 (.125, #15) T6 (.156, #36), T8 (.187, #72), and a C6 (.224, #77)

attachicon.gifIMG_0001.jpg

T8 , C6, and a Tetting SA for size comparison (pretty close in strength as well as the CPW avg for the Super Advanced is #84)

attachicon.gifIMG_0002.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0003.jpg

T8, C6, T6 and T5

attachicon.gifIMG_0004.jpg

C6 handle ends

attachicon.gifIMG_0005.jpg

T8 handle ends

First, I just want to note that unlike most (if not all) of the other grippers currently produced, these grippers are crafted completely from scratch. Every aspect of the process is done in house. Aaron winds his own springs and "bakes" them as well as cutting, knurling and drilling his own handles. The springs were lubricated prior to shipping and he even RGC'd them!

Upon first look at these grippers they bring to mind a miniature version of a Tetting gripper minus the roll pins. The handles on these grippers are glued very nicely with very little gap at all where the spring fits into the handle. The knurling is very much like the Tetting knurling and they are stamped on the handle ends as well. The sizing is very suitable for the designated ages. Overall, these are just a first-class work of craftsmanship. I even purchased a couple for myself just as a collectible gripper.

But, the real test for me was my kid's reaction. My 7 yr. daughter and 4 yr. old son were both very excited when the mail showed up on Sat. My 7 yr. old just missed on her few attempts on the T5 only a minute later to come running out of the bedroom screaming "Daddy, I got it with the other hand!", as she proceeded to show me another TNS close with the left hand. Since then, my 4 yr. old has asked for the gripper first thing in the morning because he doesn't like being upstaged by his sister. This was definitely the best part of it all!

These grippers are definitely a must-have for anyone wanting to share their passion for grip strength with their children and a cool addition to any gripper collection as well!

Thank you very much. One thing though the designations are (number letter) not the other way around. So 8T vs T8 (T for Toddler) and 9C vs C6 (C for Child) :)

So awesome to hear that was the response from the kids. Exactly what I would hope for.

- Aaron

• Like 6

attachicon.gifIMG_0001.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0002.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0003.jpg

T8, C6, T6 and T5

attachicon.gifIMG_0004.jpg

C6 handle ends

attachicon.gifIMG_0005.jpg

T8 handle ends

Thank you very much. One thing though the designations are (number letter) not the other way around. So 8T vs T8 (T for Toddler) and 9C vs C6 (C for Child) :)

So awesome to hear that was the response from the kids. Exactly what I would hope for.

- Aaron

Sorry about the mix up on the numbering Aaron. I should have known that as it is just like the numbering on kid's clothing. I think I have too many Tetting grippers in my collection :) I would correct it in the original post but I guess I am too late to use the edit function? Thanks again for these very cool grippers!

Edited by Brett H
  • Like 2

Aaron, I need to get with you on payment and get the Tiny Overlord started on grippers.

• Like 1

Aaron, I need to get with you on payment and get the Tiny Overlord started on grippers.

Ben, just pm or email me when you are read and we can discuss some options.

Thanks,

Aaron

Is Acorn taking over from Tetting?

No. But it would be cool of Acorn produced a line! (And apparently Warren took over for Warren :unsure )

• Like 3

JayCee loves hers!

• Like 1

(And apparently Warren took over for Warren )

What do you mean by that? He's not retiring?

^^^^^ this!

If I had to guess Warren said he was retiring and not making any more grippers but keeps sending them.

^^^^^ this!

If I had to guess Warren said he was retiring and not making any more grippers but keeps sending them.

Right, sorry for the alarm. What Acorn said.

JayCee loves hers!

Glad to hear Jedd! Did she close it yet?

- Aaron

Here is my daughter doing a double TNS close.

attachicon.gifJoon-doubleTNS.jpg

This. Is. Awesome!!! Chip off the old grip block. Great picture, Aaron! I love that it is a Double TNS.

• Like 1

I keep trying to get my son to train with his, and do a youtube vid of him closing it, but his ADD is keeping him going in other circles. He thinks it's a great idea, just never gets to it.

• Like 2

Wow didn't know Aaron started producing his own line of grippers! I know once he did wooden handles grippers as trophies but this is nice. PM sent!