Silver Back Axle Vs Ironmind Axle

mfin77

I have a $100 silver back axle and thinking of ordering an axle from ironmind.

Is there a big difference between these axles. I do deadlifted 310 on the silver back. Wondering if there would be any poundage difference on the iron mind axle.

Does anybody have the silverback and pulled on the iron mind axle?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

I would save your money. The more you use the SB the more you will pull the seasoning will improve on the axle and you will get stronger as well. Maybe buy a two hand pinch?

• Like 1

I would save your money. The more you use the SB the more you will pull the seasoning will improve on the axle and you will get stronger as well. Maybe buy a two hand pinch?

Sound advice!

Thanks Rich, I made a euro a few months ago. Didn't think I could make one but I followed everyone's advice and it came out pretty good. Lol.

What about this three inch bar

http://www.gymequipment.uk.com/store/item/3409a/Thick_Bars/3_Thick_Olympic_Straight_Bar.html

Mike

How about some blobs. Or an inch trainer or rolling thunder. I dont know much about the three inch bar. Is it used in comps much?

What do you want? I mean what are you trying to improve on most?

I have heard that if you want a stronger 2" bar lift then do 2" bar training. I think Jedd said that different thickness in bars dont really carry over well.

How about some blobs. Or an inch trainer or rolling thunder. I dont know much about the three inch bar. Is it used in comps much?

What do you want? I mean what are you trying to improve on most?

I have heard that if you want a stronger 2" bar lift then do 2" bar training. I think Jedd said that different thickness in bars dont really carry over well.

I have blobs up to 47.5. I just lifted last week for the first time my 42.5 that I had for almost a year.. Not much but I was happy.

I have an rt..pulled 175 without the apparatus.. No where near an inch. Where can I get an inch trainer?

I just like fat bar work..deads, clean n press, bench. I read dinosaur training by Brooks kubik recently and he loves his 3 inch bar.

Mike

I was just wondering what you were after. Sounds like you have a lot of stuff. Cool! That 3" bar would be great I just have never had one. If you get it and like it let us know!

I do have a 2.5" and 3" dumbell handle from FBBC. I the 3" one is really hard to put much weight on. The 2.5" one is what I am actualy using to help with inch type work.

The inch trainer that you asked about is like the 2.5" handle i got from FBBC. THe only thing is the plates spin so you have to really tighten them so they are solid feeling. Then it will want to tear out of your hand like the inch. Otherwise you can hook it more and it is easier.