Iromind Stacker

MARKR

It's real basic & brutishly simple. It's just a hollow block (2X4 metal square tube cut to about 6" long) with a 1" pipe welded perpendicular to it. I'm a bit disappointed that I bought it & paid for the shipping, since it can be made fairly simply and/or at least can be ordered more reasonably from places like EliteFTS "Grip Kit" or from Weightlifter's Warehouse (Beef Builders) grip tools webpage.

It's not exactly the same as picking up bricks stacked on the end of each other, since the 1" pin holds standard plates in place so they don't slip or move around. Actually I ordered it a few months ago & still haven't seriously played around with it yet. The IronMind site claims Goerner lifted 90 lbs. of bricks this way.

It looks an awful lot like a Plate Wrist Curl, where you take a 25 or 35 (or 45!) lb plate in your fingers, thumb on top, fingers under, rest forearm on inside of your thigh, and wrist curl the plate up so that "your pinky points at your face" (from Rick Walker's explanation at dieselcrew.com). At least it would be easier to do progressive resistance with the Stacker than with whole plates, for Plate Wrist Curls.

I found BeefBuilder's version of the Stacker here:

http://www.wwfitness.com/gripstrength.html

(It's called "The Block" and it's $19.99)

And at elitefts.com, in their Grip Kit, I can't tell if they have something like the Stacker or not:

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/d...id=223&pid=1374

That Grip Kit is nice

I have them both.The beef builder block is slightly wider and alot heavier at 9lbs by itself.

The IM pincher is 3lbs and is about the size of a 2x4 in diameter.Their both good but i like the BB block alittle better because of it's width and the fact you can take the holding pin out of it and make it closer to the way gorner lifted it.If you don't keep it level the weights will fall.

I really like these devices for the holds,wrist curls and plate type curls with it.

My best lift is 34lbs total weight lifting it off a table with wrist and lower arm straight,upper arm against my side.

Fat bastard sells a long version that i am eyeing.It looks brutal.

I found BeefBuilder's version of the Stacker here:

http://www.wwfitness.com/gripstrength.html

(It's called "The Block" and it's $19.99)

And at elitefts.com, in their Grip Kit, I can't tell if they have something like the Stacker or not:

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/d...id=223&pid=1374

That Grip Kit is nice

It sure is. This is the first time that I've seen this kit.

• 8 years later...

I have them both.The beef builder block is slightly wider and alot heavier at 9lbs by itself.

The IM pincher is 3lbs and is about the size of a 2x4 in diameter.Their both good but i like the BB block alittle better because of it's width and the fact you can take the holding pin out of it and make it closer to the way gorner lifted it.If you don't keep it level the weights will fall.

I really like these devices for the holds,wrist curls and plate type curls with it.

My best lift is 34lbs total weight lifting it off a table with wrist and lower arm straight,upper arm against my side.

Fat bastard sells a long version that i am eyeing.It looks brutal.

Steve, did you ever get the Fat Bastard version? How did you like it?