Working Stock

JHenze646

With the future rebirth of FBBC right around the corner, I am trying to figure out an intelligent order of bending stock. I understand all metal varies and have looked at some of the calibrations here & Az grip.

Generally speaking would the progression go round to hex to square? Where would stainless square and hex fit in relation to the next size of CRS, i.e. 1/4 ss sq. to 5/16 CRS?

If this has already been discussed or I am looking at the data wrong or not seeing something, please redirect me. I appreciate all the help the board offers.

Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

I wouldn't waste my time with 1/4" SS square. It's too easy. I'd go CRS round, hex at 5/16. After I mastered or certed those the SS round and hex will be next. The CRS square is a bitch and the 5/16 SS is a huge bitch. You got this bro.

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 1

I'd go CRS round, hex at 5/16. After I mastered or certed those the SS round and hex will be next. The CRS square is a bitch and the 5/16 SS is a huge bitch.

This is a huge help. Thank you.

I made alot of progress before bending 1/4 sqr crs. I am going to get some of that for volume work. Is there something between 1/4 sqr crs and the 5/16 round crs worth bending?

Are you going to the Arnold Josh?

I'd go CRS round, hex at 5/16. After I mastered or certed those the SS round and hex will be next. The CRS square is a bitch and the 5/16 SS is a huge bitch.

This is a huge help. Thank you.

I made alot of progress before bending 1/4 sqr crs. I am going to get some of that for volume work. Is there something between 1/4 sqr crs and the 5/16 round crs worth bending?

Yes there is. It's drill rod, you gotta order that from toolanddie.com I'd look into J, K and L. If it were me I'd just buy L. If you're looking to just buy from fbbc G5 or g8 1/4 x 7". G5 for lots of volume then g8 to build strength

• 3 weeks later...