Road To Crushing The Blob And Pinching The No.3

Anthony C.

Wooooh you are hitting up bastards already man looking forward to seeing this!

Yeah buddy!

Quick chest workout this morning

Flat barbell bench press

3x205 3x205 2x205

Flat dumbbell bench press

10x80 6x85 8x75

Seated overhead dumbbell press

8x55 7x55

Incline push ups

Multiple sets to failure

Abs

Was finally able to get in some overhead work with no shoulder pain today. I have lost a lot of strength in that position from months of not doing anything with it, but will try to work my way back up slowly.

• 2 weeks later...

Still training hard and on schedule, just haven't really been into updating the journal. How many times can I say "couldn't finish the crush in singles" lol. When there is something worth telling you all about, I will be sure to post!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
When there is something worth telling you all about

So still nothin' worth telling?

And... what happened to your pic? Got recognised in the street too much?

• Like 1

When there is something worth telling you all about

So still nothin' worth telling?

And... what happened to your pic? Got recognised in the street too much?

Hahaha, well certifying on the Bastard was worth telling, but since I started a separate thread for that I didn't say anything here. Getting really close to finishing the red. I can get it to about 2.25 inches in single imp's now but the problem is my skin on my left index finger splits open every time I bend in singles, so I can't train as frequently as id like.

Interestingly, I haven't touched a gripper in about a month and my previous best was 136 with 20 mm block set. Two days ago, I picked up my 134 GM and closed it from a really really wide set, easily with no chalk or warmup. I would say my set depth was more narrow than GHP width but wider than 30mm. How odd?

As for the picture, that is frustrating. I wanted to change to a new picture, but was having problems with the site where it wouldn't load my new pic. I thought maybe I had to remove the current one in order to get the new one to load, but after I removed it, the problem persists. I tried on many browsers and devices but it won't work. Emailed wannagrip who tested it for me and told me it's a bug in the system and he doesn't know when it will be fixed. I see other users here have updated theirs since then, but I still can't update mine. I guess GB has deemed my face too ugly for the internet.

• Like 2

Two days ago, I picked up my 134 GM and closed it from a really really wide set

Mmm... maybe we should all start bending since that is what you've been doing mostly.

I see other users here have updated theirs since then, but I still can't update mine.

That's weird. It does however make you much more mysterious. :ph34r:

Two days ago, I picked up my 134 GM and closed it from a really really wide set

Mmm... maybe we should all start bending since that is what you've been doing mostly.

I see other users here have updated theirs since then, but I still can't update mine.

That's weird. It does however make you much more mysterious. :ph34r:

Lol yeah it's very odd man. Although I can say with confidence that my pinch and thick bar have gone to crap.

The picture thing is starting to bother me. I hope they get that taken care of soon!

Well I had some time today so I created a Gravatar account and uploaded my photo that way. Bummer that I had to do that, but I'm pleased to be able to have an actual image under my name again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give a quick update...last night I bent a G, 2 J's, an M all in singles, and then after that I crushed down 4 swept reds to about 1.5 inches. I think I may have finally gotten stronger than the red!

• Like 2

That's great man! Cannot wait to see you do this.

Thanks bro! I'm training like a mad man for this. The red nail has been targeted for termination. I have a few other FBBC certs I'd like to get before I go on bending - sabbatical for a while too.