Race To Bw X 2.5 Deadlift

bubba29

Guess those are more stiff legged dls than Romanian.

I just discovered this thread....so I figured I'd join in. My primary deadlift goal is to deadlift 700, but 2.5x bodyweight would be on the way to that goal (if I don't get too fat). I'm looking to maintain my current weight and/or drop some bodyfat while I continue to get stronger.

I won't be pulling a max deadlift anytime soon, so I'll be shooting for a 2.5x bodyweight projected max using the same rep max formula that 5/3/1 uses.

My current bodyweight is around 275 and my recent best is 455x13 dead stop reps (not touch and go), which is a projected max of 652 or roughly 2.37x bodyweight.

• Like 1

I'm in. 625 for me. On the way to 705lbs/320kg.

• Like 1

I would love to join you guys but there is no chance in h... that I would be able to stay in the 74k if I went back to heavy deadlifting. It used to be my favourite event in powerlifting. My best in competition (IPF) was 265k in the old 90k class. I think I weighed 89.5k so x2.96 in competition. Having long arms helped but not in the bench.

I'm in.

Current goal is really 400# which if my current body recomposition continues will be a 2.29 BW lift. Current best on the Oly bar is 375# I'm making love to my Oly bar every chance I get.

At 175#, where I will most likely situate, 2.5 BW will be around 440#. Tall order for me. Yesterday got 300# DO for the first time. I'll post video the next heavy day.

• Like 2

Awesome having so many guys join.

I missed 280kg (617) at the knees three times Monday. Would have been 2.4X.

Was wearing an old single ply squat suit to help protect my gimpy right hip. Definitely helps those first couple inches.

• Like 2

Awesome having so many guys join.

I missed 280kg (617) at the knees three times Monday. Would have been 2.4X.

Was wearing an old single ply squat suit to help protect my gimpy right hip. Definitely helps those first couple inches.

Shit is getting serious. We're speaking in kilograms now :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I started pulling again last week. Went just over double BW after a few years off from heavier lifting. I'm 60lbs lighter now than I was back then see where this ends up.

• 4 weeks later...

575 at 245lbs. 2.35 X BW. Wore a loose, single ply squat suit that Rick Walker gave me to get a little protection for the old man hip. Gives me a little bit off the floor but not a ton. Hoping to hit 600 at 240 or so for the 2.5. More realistic will be 575 at 230. We'll see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJO02hZXO3M

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

i got a real bad spasm in my lower back which caused it to lock up pretty bad back in august. been slowly working back to heavy deads. did 4 singles at 405 yesterday which is 2.17 bw. not near where i need to be but i am glad to be back above 400. avoiding back squats makes my back feel much better.

• Like 1

575 at 245lbs. 2.35 X BW. Wore a loose, single ply squat suit that Rick Walker gave me to get a little protection for the old man hip. Gives me a little bit off the floor but not a ton. Hoping to hit 600 at 240 or so for the 2.5. More realistic will be 575 at 230. We'll see.

Awesome work Mike!

37# PR. 407# CVL DL with straps.

Ugggggly, but a life goal checked off the list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB2LwjPuXT8

BW: 181#

I just missed the lift before it was taken down, but congratulations on an over 400lb deadlift as well as 2.25x bw deadlift.

Very strong man I weigh well over a 100lbs more then you and only do a little over 100lbs more then you on deadlift haha. I feel weak now.

Edited by Stephen Ruby

Awesome work Mike!

Thanks Mitts!

Wait....You can use straps in this race??? Crap! If I would've known that I would've entered a long time ago!

Have a grip session lined up this weekend, might take a shot at it and see how I do. I can hit around 320-330 DO with no straps @ 155lb body weight. This should get interesting if I do it with straps. Is Sumo stance ok?

i realize DO is safer for the bicep. mixed grip is not so dangerous that it should be avoided all together. avoid it for submax stuff and change up your underhand when you go mixed grip.

for any deadlift of a barbell, conventional and sumo are accepted in a powerlifting competition. straps are not. this is not a competition so straps are fine.

Edited by bubba29

Wait....You can use straps in this race??? Crap! If I would've known that I would've entered a long time ago!

Have a grip session lined up this weekend, might take a shot at it and see how I do. I can hit around 320-330 DO with no straps @ 155lb body weight. This should get interesting if I do it with straps. Is Sumo stance ok?

yeah, I'm not actually in a race for anything. just getting stronger and happier is my interest. I actually hit an easy 315 DO on the way up so that was a nice PR for me too.

I can probably do this weight mixed grip, and I actually feel very strong in that position, but I feel its really a different movement. I like mixed grip for Sumo pulling.