Starting Planning For Az Cactus Grip 6 - 2013

acorn

Currently considering St Patrick's day weekend as best candidate - Saturday 3/16/2013. This may still change though depending on interest, availability and most importantly my Wife's blessing.

Will be doing it at my Grip dungeon this year so I don't have to haul a ton of equipment and plates to the Crossfit Venue and back day of the contest. Also would like to hold it to 4 events to make it quicker

Definate events will be:

Grippers (parallel set)

2HP

DO Axle DL

Possible additional events:

- IM Hub

- 2" VBar, or 50mm VBar, or maybe even 1.5" VBar

- Some kind of wrist test

- Something else or new that I haven't considered yet

Feel free to put up suggestions or recommendations for events or other times if interested in attending. Also if you are interested in attending, please let me know. More info to come.

- Aaron

• Like 2

I will be there. Will it be 4 events + medley? or just 4 events. I'm fine with either. I like v-bar over hub, but having hub will just force me to train it harder :grin:

• Like 1

Reverse bending I can handle - my DO is still atrocious. I'm good with IM hub as the 4th. I have one on the Xmas list.

If we want to do something new - there's always the silver bullet. I can just invert my #1 and hang a weight off of it to train.

How about a revolving handle farmers pick. 200# per hand on 2" revolving handles is pretty tough.

I got a handful of training equipment ideas in my to be built backlog. Just about any one of them would make for a very fun and interesting 4th event. I'll see if I can get any finished by then.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

I don't think I could do 200# per hand if they spin like Crushers lol!

Besides if we do a quick 4 event comp that will leave more time and energy left for the after comp antics and beverages.

- Aaron

• Like 3

PHEW, I am glad I saw this, I have been wasting my life on that Kinney thread. :ninja:

Any how Ill start training the events. I will be there for sure. Thanks Aaron.

• Like 3

I will aim to be there, just pending end of year funds of course. So far things look good. I vote 2" vbar. Moslty because I think I can break the record then. Call me greedy. LOL. But I'd be down for whatever. I just like to meet up with y'all and have a good time.

• Like 1

How about a revolving handle farmers pick. 200# per hand on 2" revolving handles is pretty tough.

I got a handful of training equipment ideas in my to be built backlog. Just about any one of them would make for a very fun and interesting 4th event. I'll see if I can get any finished by then.

- Aaron

Would the 200# be a fixed weight? and the furthest walk wins? If so heck no!

heck no. Would be a 4 attempt rising bar event. just showing an example.

Oh thank god!

Yeah, I was just about to say, I can't even DO Axle 400#'s there's no way I'm going to be able to do revolving handles with 200#'s each. Maybe Reinard can do it, give how close he is to 200# with the RT.

Aaron - here's an idea - make the 4th event a surprise event. Dockery and Jedd were talking about how they think people should start doing 'blind' comps, where you don't know what will be contested till you show-up.

• Like 1

Like the fence post lift lol! Don't know why I didn't see it mentioned but it caught me by surprise.

Just a reminder the blob lift challenge is still in effect. Anyone who lifts it takes it. No one got it last year.

Maybe training for Blobzilla will help with this blob.

The paint I used dosent like chalk so hopefully Aaron will re-paint it. I used black rusteolium primer.

• Like 1

When I was out in the summer, I got a corner of it up, and was able to slide it around pretty good, but it still stayed on the floor. Then again, if I lift it, I'm not sure I want it! :grin: :grin: :grin:

PHEW, I am glad I saw this, I have been wasting my life on that Kinney thread. :ninja:

Kinney who?

When I was out in the summer, I got a corner of it up, and was able to slide it around pretty good, but it still stayed on the floor. Then again, if I lift it, I'm not sure I want it! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Kinney who?

Atta Boy!
  • Like 1

Like the fence post lift lol! Don't know why I didn't see it mentioned but it caught me by surprise.

Yeah that thing is a beast with 400# on it.

-Aaron

I'm down to make the trip if there's room for 1 more. Revolving farmers walk sounds pretty badass to me.

There's always room. If we use the Farmers implements it will likely just be a Pick or DL with the revolving handles. We have run farmers walks with them before in the comps but making a turn with them with decent weight on is just retarded hard.

- Aaron

Or we could just do the FW on the side of the road. Your street seems quiet enough. Just have to make it heavy enough nobody gets to the end of the block.

Well I've laid out some programming to peak at your comp. Lets hope it works... :ph34r:

• Like 1