Fun Grip Story

king crusher

So we took the kids to the zoo and in the primate area there was a small crown going around something. Well they have two grip devices one for kids one for adults. It says "test your might against an orangutan" or something like that.

The adult one started at 65lbvand went to 130lbs and had little lights as it went up.

I didn't see anyone getting to the top but a couple guys got one away from the top but the light would flicker a little and go out do it seems pretty sensitive to the pressure applied.

So I toom my daughter up to try then I tried and it blasted up to the top and stayed lite. For about 10 sec until I let go lol. A lady said wow it just shot up there so fast and I laughed a little. I did it a couple more times left and right. It was harder to keep it pinned with my left so this thing may be kind of accurate.

We didn't stick around long after but I'm thinking ppl who seen were kinda surprised about it once they tried. Seemed that way at least.

• Like 7

Love stories like this, next time should take your #2.5 and ask the zoo keeper to let the primate close it and compare

• Like 1

Haha awesome. I bet an orangutan would destroy any human in grip if they really went for it. I once saw a male orangutan on TV with a bodyweight of almost 100 KG just swinging himself in the trees like a sunday walk in the park :)

And yet they are not as strong as gorillas!

Very cool. Was that by any chance at the Milwaukee zoo?

yeah Todd it was inside the primate building.
  • Like 1

I must get to Milwaukee. Or Ft. Worth needs to get their act together.

• Like 3

Cool. We'll be going there in a few weeks. Going to give it a shot.

• Like 2

Cool. We'll be going there in a few weeks. Going to give it a shot.

Take video!

We went to a reptile show back in March. What impressed me most was this little bitty bird can't remember the name but it was less then 100grams, somekindof hunting bird. Apparently it could squeese with 95lbs of pressure!!!! Then they mentioned a bigger bird sorry, can't remember which one but I think it was an eagle or something and it could squeeze with 400lbs of pressure!!!!

Jon@han

We went to a reptile show back in March. What impressed me most was this little bitty bird can't remember the name but it was less then 100grams, somekindof hunting bird. Apparently it could squeese with 95lbs of pressure!!!! Then they mentioned a bigger bird sorry, can't remember which one but I think it was an eagle or something and it could squeeze with 400lbs of pressure!!!!

Jon@han

Wow thats a lot. It has to be an eagle, since they pick up their prey with their claws.

They say that the Anaconda can squeeze around 2.5 ton!!!

I wonder how much pressure an elephant can apply with his trunk :D It would be quite interesting to know since they actually have functional strength as primates have, the anaconda can't really do anything useful for anyone else with it's power.

I once had a tug of war with a elephant. He put up a good fight but in the end I was just too much for him.